PART 17

She went outside and saw a guard standing near the body of the young doctor, he was calling someone. Soon both guards at the entrance joined him. 

"Go and check the baby," one man shouted. She hid and saw two men running toward the basement. 

"Should I wait?" She asked herself. 

"No, this is the golden opportunity," she came out and took a flower pot from the table. 

His back was facing Anne, he was talking to someone, she heard him saying," Eric Sir someone intruded in."

"Which Eric is he talking to?" Anne thought. 

He turned and looked at Anne. Without wasting time, Anne hit him with a pot on his head. He fainted and she came out of that room.  As soon as she came out, the two men entered the room. She closed the door from outside and started running, holding her baby in her arms. 

She heard the sound of the gate breaking, so she increased her pace and came out from the building. 

"I have to save the baby", Anne said while running.

She went to the address given by the stranger. Anne rang the bell and that stranger opened the door. 

"You came, I thought you would not be able to make it. Anyways come in," she said and walk-in. Anne followed her. 

"Wait for a minute," she said and went into the room. She came out with a towel and some clothes, "Go take a bath, you are stinking. Till then I'll change the baby clothes," she said, taking the baby from her hands. 

Anne looked at her with suspicion but then went into the bathroom. 

She stood under the shower. "Which Eric was he talking to?" Was he talking to my husband? No, there are many Eric in this world, my Eric will never put our baby in danger." She thought and picked up the body wash and applied it all over her body. 

Something clicked her all of a sudden. That old doctor, Arnold,  said, "Finally, my hard work paid off. I found one of them, she was pregnant and I stole her child by corrupting her husband."

"It means Eric is with them. No, he can't. But he was the one who took the baby." She was unable to react, it took her two years to discover the truth about her marriage. She thought, "He married me so that he could have a baby. How could I fall for a monster?"