PART 14

She entered the building that was told by the stranger. "Where should I go now?" She asked herself.

She went near the lift but it was not working. 

She took the stairs and went to the first floor, she checked every room but there was no one. She checked all the five floors but there was nothing, not even a single bird. 

"I shouldn't have believed her," Anne thought coming downstairs, "For a moment I hoped that I could find my baby," Anne said.

She was about to reach the ground floor when she heard someone's footsteps. She hid behind the pillar. 

"Who is he?" She thought. He went outside the building and soon another man came out from the underground door that was in the guard room and followed him. 

Anne tiptoed and went to that room. After a debate with herself, she opened the gate and went in. 

She was surprised after watching the scene in the basement. No one could think that an abandoned building is a research center.

Luckily no one was there when she entered. She heard the conversation of two men. She hid in one of the rooms. One was scolding the other to leave the gate unguarded but later explained that he had a bathroom emergency.

"Thank God, he was not there when I entered", Anne thought and walked forward.

" What is happening here," she thought, holding her scream when she watched the scene in front of her. There were big tubes, maybe twenty in numbers and they have human babies. "What if they did the same with my child as well?" This thought shook her. 

"You have to survive, please be alright. Your mommy is here to save you," Anne whispered.

She slowly moves forward to another room. The room was full of machines, more precisely some weird machines which she never saw in her life. 

She heard some footsteps and so she hid behind one of the machines.

"Prepare the table, we will operate on that child," one man said to another.

"Which child are they talking about?" Anne thought.

"He is our last hope, I don't think I have enough strength to continue this project, it's been thirty years and I have achieved nothing. This is my last surgery because my hands tremble as I am getting older. "

Anne tries to see the face of that man. She took a glimpse and got back to her previous position.