PART 18

She cried her eyes out. "Anne you have to be strong, for your child, you can't cry over a mean person." She said to herself and wiped her tears. She put on her clothes and came outside. 

There was pin-drop silence outside. Her heart was filled with terror. "Where is she?" She asked herself and came to the kitchen. Not only she but her child was also missing. She searched the entire house but no one was there except her. 

Her body turned pale. "She ran with my child", that thought killed her without actually killing her. She ran outside the house and there was no one. She panicked and started shouting, she begged for help but no one came. 

I have to do something myself, no one will come and rescue my child from that stranger. She went into the house again and started scanning for any clue. There was nothing, not even her clothes, she got disappointed and sat on the ground. 

After crying for ten minutes or so, she got up and ran outside looking for the police station. Soon she found one. 

"A woman ran away with my child," she entered and cried out," please help me, I beg you."

A cop came and asked her to sit and explained everything. Anne told them everything from the beginning about how a stranger came and told her about her child. She informed them about the illegal lab where that psycho doctor was about to operate on her child and how she saved him. But that stranger took the baby and fled. 

Cop asked if she had any relatives here.

She shook her head and told them about her parent's death. At one point she wanted to call Kevin, wanted to tell him that he was lying, her child does exist, so does Eric. After much consultation with herself, she told them about him. They called him and then filed a report against that stranger. 

She was asked to guide them.  After driving for fifteen minutes or so they reached the location. She took them inside the building and then from the guard room they entered the basement. 

She backed off after entering it. Everything was ruined there, it appeared that no one had come here for years. Those machines and tubes everything appeared rusty. 

The cops looked at her with suspicion. They checked the entire building but there was no sign of any human. 

"Are you sure you came here?" One of the cops asked. 

She nodded. 

"Let's go back," the senior officer said and the rest of them followed him. 

She requested her to find out about the house owner, she was sure that her child was with that stranger. 

They came to that stranger's house and tried to find anything about her but they got nothing there. Finally, they came back to the police station. 

"I am telling the truth, he was there, I even killed one of the doctors", she said while crying.

" What are you doing here Anne?" Kevin took her in his arms. "Relax, take a deep breath." He said and patted her back.