PART 20

"Should I trust him?" She questioned herself.

"Tell me something about yourself," Anne said.

He was happy to hear this sentence.

"I am Dr. Kevin Johnson," he said.

"I already knew this."

He chuckled at her reply," what else do you know about me?" He asked.

"Nothing much," she said and paused for a second. She then looked in his eyes and said, "You are my uncle and my doctor". She was trying to study him. She was still suspicious but wanted to know the truth. 

" Shall we go home?" He asked.

Which home is he talking about? Anne thought. She nodded after some time.

"Don't run away again", he said.

Anne didn't reply. He asked her to stay here for some time so that he could go and settle things with the police.

She looked at the road, and saw that many cars were going. She saw a family, a woman was sitting in the car with her child, her husband or boyfriend went out and bought ice cream for them. She looked happy. "This was my life," she muttered. "No, it was never, everything is the creation of my mind." She said and got up from the bench.

"Running again?" A sound came from her behind.

She looked behind and saw a man standing in the dark.

"Who are you?" Anne asked him, though his voice is very familiar, that's why she was scared as hell. "Please don't be him," she repeated this phrase in her mind.

"Don't you know me?" The owner of that voice asked.

"No", she said in a shaking voice. Her hands form a fist. 

"Are you sure?" He asked again.

She didn't say anything, she just stood there looking at his shadow.

He came out of the darkness and it was truly her worst nightmare, it was Eric. 

"You are real," Anne asked with teary eyes.

He didn't say a word, both were looking into each other's eyes. Her eyes were asking questions. She was happy, disappointed, scared and whatnot. 

She took a step closer toward him but he backed.

"Why are you doing this to yourself, Anne?" He asked her.

"Why did you leave me, Eric?" She asked him.

"Because I am not real, I have to go some day, it is better if you let me go." He said, his eyes were not showing any emotions.

"You are real", she said.

" No, Anne just accepts the truth," he shouted.

She came forward and held his hand," you are real Eric, I can feel your warmth, please stop lying."

He jerked her hand and backed off.

She sat on the floor and started crying, after a second she looked up and saw he was gone. 

"You left me again," she whispered with teary eyes.

Meanwhile, someone was watching her from a distance.