PART 16

He screamed in pain. Anne pressed his hand and then said," Will you tell me now?"

"Professor Arnold.... He was experimenting. Twenty years ago two girls escaped but he managed to find that girl's child and now he wanted to experiment on.... the child," he said, whimpering in pain. 

"Who is that girl?" 

"I don't know her," he said.

"Wrong move," she said and stabbed the knife in his palm.

"Her picture is in.... almirah."

She ran toward it and found the picture. Her hands trembled and her feet were numbed.

It was her childhood picture.

"He was experimenting on me, he take my baby so that he can do his stupid experiment on him."

She can now connect the dots, "he killed my parents when they tried to save me. Because of him, my childhood was a trauma." She shivered in anger. "I'll kill him," she shouted. Her eyes were blood red. 

"Please let me go, I didn't commit any crime, I'll tell you where the baby is?"

Hearing the word "baby" brought her back to reality. "Where is my child?" She asked him.

"He is in basement 2", he said.

"Take me there", she said, opening his hands and putting the scalpel on his back. 

He moved a few steps and then pushed Anne. She somehow made her balance and tried to catch him. 

He grabbed a scissor and stabbed her arm. She whimpered in pain but attacked him in no time. This time he was dominating her, he hovered over her and choked her throat. She was losing her breath. Her face turned red because of lack of oxygen. 

She pushed him with all the power and picked the scissors and attacked his neck. He fell on her and died on the spot. 

Anne separated his body from her. She was breathing heavily. " I killed him," she said looking at his corpse. 

"It was a case of self-defense," her inner self said, "You don't have time to regret, go and find your baby before he did something bad with him... Find basement 2."

Anne got up soaked in blood. She looked dreadful. She came out from that room and started finding her way to the basement. 

She found the stairs and reached there. She saw a child sleeping on a swing across the mirror. She took the baby in her arms and started sobbing. 

"You are safe now", she said," let's go home".