Chapter 3: New life

After I putted on the clothes that Papyrus gave me just a while ago I decided to finally leave my room... Wait, MY room? Can I really claim this unknown room as my own? Jesus, I don't even know where I am at all!

Suddenly, my thoughts were quickly interrupted by the bright light of the hallway that blinded me once again and forced to cover my eyes with my hand.

- Agh, shit, - I muttered in some frustration just because of how bright the lights were in this darn hallway. I started to think that my eyes are literally going to burn up, but thankfully very soon I could relax a bit since I adapted to it.

Actually I was surprised when I saw this house outside of the room. This hallway was not that bad as I expected, because it was so... So peaceful. Nobody was trying to kill me here just for my existence and I could freely walk in any direction I wanted. Feeling of freedom... It filled my soul with... I don't know, something strange, but warming me up inside.

First of all, I decided to walk through this hallway and I immediately noticed another door. Probably Papyrus room... But should I visit it anyway? What if this creepy skeleton will catch me doing something like this? Yet... My interest is too great for this place, so why not risk it? Maybe I'll be able to find some SKELETONS in his closet. But suddenly in the moment I put my hand on the handle...

- HUMAN! - exclaimed Papyrus in other side of the hallway.

- E-eh?! I-I am just looking! - in panic I immediately pulled my hand off the handle and looked at skeleton that was just looking at me with surprised expression on his face. All I could do is just friendly-smile while nervous drops of sweat continued to drip down my face.

- Human, I just wanted to inform you that your breakfast is ready, but you... - I'm screwed, right..? All of the sudden, his surprised face quickly changed to enthusiastic, - IF YOU WANTED TO SEE MY MEDALS, YOU COULD JUST ASK ME! I HAVE A LOT OF THEM! NYEH-HEH-HEH!

- Y-yeah? Wow... That's... Uh... That's great!

Did I actually somehow manage to get away with this? Even though I still could not tell if I can trust this skeleton or not. He seemed so energetic and happy at most of the times, but it also could be just a mask to attract more people to you before...

- But right now you need to eat! And only after that you can explore our house! THE GREAT PAPYRUS WON'T ALLOW YOU TO BE HUNGRY ANY LONGER! FOLLOW ME, HUMAN!

After that he rushed to other side of the hallway, I suppose there was a living room. I decided to follow him as well, but I took my time while looking at other parts of house as well. I really enjoyed how comfortable everything was: on walls I could see some nice paintings with the nature surroundings on it, or paintings with bones on it... Wait, what?

But when I was approaching to living room I couldn't help myself, but notice some strange stairs leading somewhere down. Is this a basement? I wanted to try look more closely, so I could see what's down there, but yet again I got interrupted by Papyrus.

- Human... A-are you coming here or not? - he asked with significant worry in his voice while he noticed how I was looking down there. So... Looks like this strange basement is his weak spot. Yet I decided to not test Papyrus's good side and went to the living room.

Papyrus was already expecting me at the table as well as a plate of... Spaghetti on my side. Does skeleton knows how to cook spaghetti at all? But I still decided to take my time and look around again: this room had an actual fireplace that was warming up whole house and some bookshelfs, but I doubt I would like reading these kind of books... I mean... "HOW TO THROW BONES CORRECTLY", "HOW TO COOK BONES?", "IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE TO COOK BONES?", "HOW TO COMBINE SPAGHETTI WITH BONES???". And that's only a few of them... Jesus...