Chapter 19: The End

This time I followed Shifty without trying to actually kill him.

I didn't even belive that right now I just walk beside him. All I wanted to belive now is - all of this is just strange nightmare of mine and I'm going to wake up next to Chara any moment now.

But that didn't happen...

My memories started to appear in my head again. Memories of how Chara was literally crying in my shoulder, how I tried to morally help her... And how after all of that I founded Asriel's scarf. But even after that she still cared about me and now... I cruely killed her and leave this place with some crazy maniac.

- You know what, - Shifty chuckled and looked at me while I didn't even try to look back, - I think we would make a good team! You and me, slaughtering these naive goat-fuckers over and over again. Sounds good, right?

But after that I only looked at him with mixed feelings. Depression, sadness, but the biggest of them was - anger.

- Shut your fucking mouth.

- Come on! I could tell - you enjoyed what you did back there! Yeah, such feelings like love to that bitch can mess with you for a few Resets, but we'll work on that, - he tried to pat me on my shoulder, but immediately after that I grabbed his hand and squeezed it.

- We. Are. NOT. The same.

- Riiiight, - he laughed a bit, but only then continued to walk.

After that this idiot didn't try to say anything while we were going through this beautiful corridor. If only I didn't know what terrible things just happened here.

But all this silence was interrupted by Shifty's singing. Obviously, for him all of this was nothing, but simple stroll through Underground. But for me - his relaxed attitude was really frustrating. I mean, how the hell could he be so relaxed even though he just killed almost entire monster race.

Oh right... He's the maniac after all.

Soon we came to some strange, but big and beautiful room that was illuminated by the rays of the sun that came from the glass seeling. Unlike any other rooms, floor of this one was covered with beautiful golden flowers. And their scent... I felt such scent already. If I remember correctly, this scent was in Chara's room as well.

In center of this room I noticed how someone was watering these flowers. He was wearing blue robe and had gold crown on his head... I suppose, this one was the king of all monsters.

- Hello again, Sans~ - Shifty said softly.

But Sans obviously wasn't in hurry to look at us. He just decided to ignore us and continue watering the flowers. Only when he finished - he looked at us.

For the king, Sans was wearing surprisingly usual clothes like black shorts and simple white T-shirt. Looks like he didn't really care about golden armor or any other king's stuff. He was... Just usual person that just so happened was wearing the crown.

But the main thing that I noticed... He was skeleton. Like Papyrus. But this time he was shorter and his body type was more... Fat if I can use that word to skeletons.

... I mean, how literal SKELETON can be fat or not? I guess, some people didn't lie when they told me "I'm not fat, it's because of my bones".

But Sans only sighned when he saw us. He looked... Not even frusrtated or something, but just tired. Looks like he wasn't even willing to fight humans that literally killed entire race of monsters.

- So... You finally came. Again.

- Oh right, - Shifty suddenly chuckled, - Before we'll get this over with. DOA, please meet Sans. King of the Underground and Papyrus's brother.