Chapter 42: All-in

I couldn't really tell how weird I felt when Chara was using her so-called "shortcut". I felt like suddenly I appeared in empty space without any type of floor that I could stand on. I was just... Floating in the air. But I wasn't ready to open my eyes due to my fear of unknown. Chara said to close my eyes, so I won't experiment with that thing. I still need my eyes after all.

- OH MY GOD, DOA, PLEASE HELP ME, OUR BODIES GOT MIXED UP! - suddenly I heard Chara's voice full of fear and panic that made me nearly jump out of surprise.

- What?! What happened?! - I asked her in panic and looked around my body... But surprisingly, everything was on it's place... - Wait. My body is okay...

I looked at Chara with confusion rather than panic, but she was just looking at me with smug smile. I bet she was ready to laugh her lungs out already. But looks like she just teleported both of us right to the UTT hotel. I didn't know that she can actually teleport...

- Chara! - I moaned in little frusrtation, because I fell on another "prank", - It's not funny!

- Oh yeah? Well, you should've seen your face. That "Oh shit" expression of yours got me, - Chara laughed almost hysterically after that while I just rolled my eyes in annoyance.

- What if your teleport would go wrong and we would become some monster indeed?

- Nah, - Chara just waved her hand at that, - It's not possible.

- But you told me that!

- Well, I was kidding obviously.

Damn girl...

- Very funny, - I mummbled in annoyance and moved to the hotel, - But I didn't think you could use such thing as teleport to be honest.

- Me neither, - she just shrugged, - But Sans has taught me that. I didn't expect for this to work out in the first place.

- Aren't you more plant-magic based?

- I am, - Chara nodded, - And so such tricks like teleport exhaust me as hell. So I would appreciate if we... Buy just one room in this hotel. Just for one night.

- Is this an offer for something? - I asked with slight smirk.

- No, it's "I-want-to-sleep-so-badly" thing.

- We're here for Undyne, remember?

- We can deal with her tomorrow! - Chara moaned while trying to argue me. But suddenly, she looked at me with almost begging eyes. That actually caught me off guard, - Just for one night. Please.

- But I don't have money...

- Can't you use your magic to... You know, hypnotise someone? Like Jedi or something... "You don't need money", - she parodied and made familiar gesture.

- Sorry, I'm not The Chosen One or something to do such a thing, - I answered with slight smile.

- Fine, it looks like I have to pay then.

After that we both entered the hotel. Looks like this building got completely restored and so every monster that had left this place in panic could return once again. Fountain was restored as well and so I could see how golden Undyne is spilling water on the floor once again. But I must say, they restored head, but it came out... Well... Poorly made.

- Ew, - I commented my thoughts when I looked at this statue.

- Yep. Looks like such famous Undyne couldn't afford another golden head for her statue.

After that we approached to reception desk and I noticed some weird receptionist. I couldn't even tell if that... Monster was female or male. I mean, it didn't have any sort of face in the first place! Instead of face, that monster just had... Huge blue hand. Can this monster even see us..?