Chapter 17: Final Showdown

I managed to regain my own consciousness after indefinite period of time and I even forgot what exactly happened. Or how I appeared at the broken table in my own blood in the first place, but terrible pain in hand reminded me everything. My hand was still nailed to the table with my own knife, but as soon as I tried to touch it with other hand, I cried out in pain. This was too painful for me to remove.

But suddenly I realised something...

"Meet you near Chara's corpse" - that's what Shifty said... He is heading right to Chara... He's planning to kill her!

My anger and panic started to fill me up. I can't let this fucker kill her... Even if I'll bleed out to death, I need to help her...

I grabbed the knife again and yet again I felt nothing, but agonizing pain. But that was nothing for me... I supposed to be a weapon that can take far more damage than that little knife. I. CAN. MAKE IT!

I heard how the knife was slowly coming out of my flesh and after few seconds I managed to pull it out. Blood started to spill out of my wound, but that was nothing. Pain is... Nothing to me. All that means for me right now - Chara... I still need to save her.

I still need to keep my promise.

I got up from the table, but nearly fell down again just because of all the pain. But thankfully, I managed to keep my balance and keep walking, ignoring all the pain from my wounds. There was no time using my fire magic on them.

Soon I managed to ran up to the elevator and called it. Every second of this thing going down felt like hell since I knew that Shifty could already battle Chara somewhere further.

...

Damn, this lift is slow! Is it even working?!

- Eh, kid? Are you okay? - I heard voice of familiar to me cat-human.

- Do I look like okay to you?! - I exclaimed in frustration.

- Jesus, no need to be so aggressive. Here, eat this, - he replied and suddenly gave me an... Burger?

- I'm not hungry.

- It's for your wounds.

- ... What? - my aggression suddenly dissapeared. Now I'm just confused, - Am I supposed to press it down to my wounds or..?

- No, of course not! You're supposed to eat and that'll heal you up!

- What the fuck is that logic? We're not in the game or something for that to work!

- Look, man, I just don't want another corpse lying down near my shop. That'll simply ruin my business even more than this psycho running around. So eat that up and see by yourself.

I couldn't help, but look at him with confused look while he looked at me just annoyed. Ah, yes, I already could tell that this is his usual face so far.

Okay, so I'm just supposed to... Eat it. Right?

I decided to take a bite of this burger... Damn, this thing tastes good! So I started to eat it with much more enthusiasm and speed... I forgot how hungry I was, so after consuming that burger I looked like inaccurate child. I mean, my face was covered with crumbs.