Chapter 16: Hotland

(A/N: Well, that's a big one. Hope you'll like it! Have fun!)

I left the lab and immediately after that I felt how hot wind rushed into my face again while all the lava was still seethed menacingly under me. But this time I wasn't scared or anything like that.

You know, when love of your life is now willing to kill you - it's more scary than be thrown into literal lava... Okay, maybe lava still will be more painful than get stabbed nearly thoudands of times with knifes.

Shit, I need to stop thinking about things that can kill me here

I decided to move foward through this strange place and putted my new weapon in the pocket. I could see different and unique parts of the path, but yet I didn't really know about their purpose. I could see some moving staircase on the ground that was moving foward and other ones were moving back.

Well, what can go wrong anyway...

I tried to step on moving foward staircase and... OH GOD

I underestimated all the speed of these staircases and they basically rushed me to the other side of the place while I was barely holding my balance just to not fall. After a few moments I finally touched the ground... NOT MOVING ground. But the problem was - I touched it with my face since these staircases nearly threw me at it.

Why in the hell they exists here in the first place? Who needs such a thing?!

- God damn it... - I mummbled to myself and cleaned my clothes from the dirt.

In next parts of this location I didn't see any surprises like this one. But I guess, I should thank God for that since I don't want to ride the roller coaster in place filled with lava.

Soon I reached to other place of this lava-location... Actually I should give it a name. Lavaworld? Nah. Lavaground? Nope. Lavaland! It's already something fitting, but still something wasn't feeling right...

Maybe... HOTLAND! Yeah, I'll call it Hotland! Good job, me

But where the hell am I now?

This time I appeared at some sort of collection of small islands. Between them was no brige or any device to help me get on the other side anyway, except some weird ventilation system, but I don't think it'll help me. I suppose I should just jump...

I slowly backed off for a few steps just to give me space for more speed. I was really doing that. Jumping on some small island while there is literal lava under me. One fail and I'm dead... Very dead.

I exhaled while trying to concentrate my own bravery and determination, but my mind was telling me not to do that. And yet I decided to not listen and rushed to the other island, but as soon as I prepared to jump and just stepped on this strange ventilation, I heard under me release of hot air...

... I suppose, the whole Underground could hear me screaming while these ventilations were basically throwing me in different directions. I just landed on the ground and other ventilation threw me away again... And so on. I looked like a soccer ball that was constantly kicked away.

Soon I finally landed on normal ground again. Looks like this time there was no ventilation under me since I didn't feel how something throwing me up in the air again. But I must say, this landing... Was kinda painful for me. As well as other few hundred.

- Ah, my back... - I moaned and slowly got up from the ground again. I just hope I didn't break every bone in my body while going through such a journey.

But thankfully, after all of that I actually managed to get to the other side of this hell and noticed some... Weird giant metallic doors? But they were actually already opened. Looks like Shifty somehow managed to open them already. At least, some plus from his existence.