Chapter 38: Horror

(A/N: Damn, I never expected for my fanfiction to be this long, heh. It's already Chapter 38 after all, jeez. But still hope you're liking it)

Finally I rushed through my another portal and apprared in the very start of Snowdin part. As soon as I appeared in familiar to me location, I looked around in panic. I hope I'm not too late...

I was slowly walking through silent forest of the Snowdin while I could hear - is silent crunch of the snow underneath me. All this silence... It was literally freacking me out. Where is everybody? Where is Asriel? Where is Chara for fuck sake? Probably at her station?

But as soon as I reached her station, there was noone there... Strange. But it's okay! Maybe she's just sleeping or something like that. Nothing to worry about!

... Right?

I decided to move foward to Snowdin town. Maybe Asriel and Chara are at home right now? Since Shifty is gone - they don't have to be in the forest after all. But still there wasn't even a single soul here while I was walking through Snowdin's forest. I started to get nervous...

But soon I noticed something on the snow and looked at it. A little part of the snow was covered with... Red color... Is this... No, it can't be!

But these red dots were appearing at my path more and more often while I was just keeping moving foward. Small red dots on the snow started to slowly transform in much bigger ones. Soon I could even smell such familiar smell to me...

Such familiar and such awful at the same time...

I tried to ignore it, but deep inside of me I could realise... It was someone's blood. Someone was trying to run away loosing insane amount of blood with each second since I was following this blood trail for a while now. Blood was still fresh...

Soon I actually managed to see at least someone. I saw Asriel and Chara that were doing something and looks like they didn't notice me yet.

- Asriel, Chara! Oh god, I'm so happy to see you're okay! What happened here? Why there is blood back there? - I asked with rising panic while couple shivered in surprise and looked at me.

These eyes... I nearly jumped from fear and shock. Asriel's eyes weren't expressing kindness nor happiness anymore, it's more like... Asriel's soul went out of his own body, leaving nothing behind, but coldless vessel that was staring at me with same cold eyes. I could even see something red on his mouth... No...

It can't be true! Maybe it's some sort of joke?! Maybe they're trying to joke around with me???

Chara looked at me as well and she was... She was looking just as terrible. Her eyes were nothing now, but black abyss while her two red pupils were staring right at my eyes. Her head was bandaged and I could still see dried blood on half of her face. Did someone... Did someone literally crushed her head..? No, it can't!

But she was doing nothing, but staring at me with terryfing and almost constant smile. But it wasn't making things better since she looked completely insane. More importantly she was holding some sort of giant knife in her hand that was messed up in the dirt and also covered with someone's blood.

- What... What happened here? - I asked with shock while stammering in fear and in disbelief, - That's a joke, right? You're trying to prank me... Right?

- Asriel... Take him to Grillby, will you? - Chara said in hoarse and demonic voice. Looks like she was stuck with that voice for her whole life now...

- Yes, sister, - Asriel replied with cold and almost dead voice while he started to drug someone's body in Snowdin town... Wait, this body... It was hardly mutilated, but I was recognising it...

It was... It was me. Oh no...

- What did you do?! - I shouted in rising anger and in disbelief. My hands lited up with bright fire... I was in fury, but that was more because I was afraid. I was afraid of what is happening...

But Chara didn't answer and only looked at me with wide creepy smile.

- I bet you'll taste delicious with some chocolate, - Chara chuckled, but then I only rushed at her in anger. I didn't belive that such a thing could happen, but here we are...

I left them on starvation...

I left them to their death. But instead of dying - they decided to eat. Eat humans...

- Human! - I heard sudden voice that made me surprise a little bit, - HUMAN, WAKE UP!

I opened my eyes in panic and took a deep breath while quickly got up to sitting position. I could feel how nervous drops of sweat were rushing down on each inch of my body while I was trying to breath calmly in my own fear. I noticed Sans that putted his hand on my shoulder while sitting near me on sofa.

- It's okay, human, it was just a nightmare.

But I didn't answer while I was trying to think all of this over. I slowly started to realise what is happening and where am I in the first place. But this dream...

Was that just a nightmare? Or something... Something else? Maybe Chara and Asriel are cooking DOA's body right now for real!

- I'm... I'm not sure about that, - I nervously gulped.

- Ah, come on, human, don't let those silly dreams get to you! I have nightmares sometimes as well, but I know that it's not true! - Sans stated enthusiastically while I just stared at him with little surprise.

- Wait, aren't you hunting for humans? Why are you so calm about me being in your house?

- Not really, I'm just trying to make friends with humans, but not... Hunt them down. It's crazy! - Sans replied, - I noticed you while you were sleeping on our sofa already. How could I, magestic Sans, wake you up? It would be really rude!

I looked at the window and noticed that it was still really dark outside.

- Oh... Sorry for waking you up, - I sighed at that fact.

- No worries! You woke up just me while Papyrus... Well, you know him. I need to scream him right in his ears for him to wake up.

Does skeleton have ears?

- Want to tell me about that dream? You might feel better after speaking out.

- No, - I waved my head, - It's not something you would understand. Just go to sleep.

- Are you sure?

- Yes, - I sighned and lied back down since it was too late for waking up. Human will probably fall down in the morning.

Sans only shrugged and moved in his room.

- Then hope you'll have a good rest! Since me and you are going to have so much fun together! Tomorrow of course.

- Sure thing.

I closed my eyes and tried to relax, but as soon as I tried - I could still see those Chara and Asriel. I hope it was just a dream of mine... I hope they're okay.

More importantly... Was Papyrus right? Should I just leave things to keep happening? Or should I resist it? I... I don't really know.