Chapter 58

- Here, drink this, - Undyne said and gave me a glass of water. But this water wasn't purely clean, so I could only guess what this lady decided to add there, - This should decrease the pain for now.

I looked at Undyne with little surprise while holding my head with hand. It felt like it's going to literally explode because of all pain I was in, but even through these sufferings I noticed some sort of... Anxiety in her eyes. She was completely different from Undyne I know...

Robo-Undyne was kinda reckless in her deeds and even some sort of cruel. Meanwhile this one... It was completely different person. With her attitude there was no way she'll ever raise her spear at somebody's else head.

I couldn't help, but I started to... Actually like her in some way...

She reminds me of...

Of...

I shook my head, getting all these thoughts out of my head and drank water from the glass she gave me. It took only minute or so to decrease the pain significantly.

- Thanks, - I mummbled through disgust. After all that taste of that painkiller was just awful. It felt like I just drank water from puddle or something.

Finally I overcame my own disgust to this taste and rubbed hole on my forehead with my hand. Jesus, it felt so weird to have hole in my head and still be... Like alive.

- Eugh, can you stop doing that? It's disgusting! - Alphys grimaced at what she saw.

- Sorry, I just... It itches...

SCRATCH SCRATCH

- Hold on, I think I got some bandages somewhere here, - Undyne said and started to search this room around.

- So... - I started and looked at Alphys, - Where exactly did she went?

- She ran away back at the Waterfall. That's all I know, - she shrugged.

- So what's the plan then? Are we going to search her in whole Waterfall? That place is, like, huge, you know, - Boogie decided to join in conversation.

- No, only Boogie and me will go there. There's no need for Alphys to interrupt.

- Excuse me?! - Alphys got offended and frustrated while she clenched her fists, - Why the hell am I supposed to sit here while you're fighting with dangerous human?! She shot you one time already!

- So she can shoot you as well, - I stated.

- Her bullets can't damage my armor.

- Well, and her bullets can't damage my skeleton.

- About that... - suddenly Undyne came to me and started to cover my wound with bandages, - Your body is... Fascinating, that's true. But that doesn't mean you're invulnerable to her bullets.

- What?

- I mean... You got metallic skeleton and it might save you from few shots or so. But that metal is quite thin, so... Few more shots in the same spot and then there will be no way bringing you back to life.

- Told you! - Alphys continued to resent.

- Look, I need to talk things out with her, NOT kill her. And you'll definitely scare her away again.

- Why the hell do you want to TALK with her? - she said with slight disgust. Looks like she didn't like my idea at all, - She's monster's only hope.

- Exactly! - I exclaimed, - She's monster's only hope for freedom, but that doesn't mean it have to include her death.

- Then how are you going to destroy barrier without her soul?

- We'll figure something out, dino-lady, okay? - Boogie protected me from her meanwhile she just looked away in frustration.