Chapter 33: Return of Determination

DOA's POV

I was still standing near my clone and offering him my hand to get up while he was just staring at me. Staring at me with shock and disbelief. He wasn't ready to belive me, belive in my good intentions in the first place. He expected for me to stab his neck as soon as he'll grab my hand, but he wasn't beliving in the fact that I ACTUALLY want to help him.

- I... I don't understand, - he finally said while looked away in confusion, - Don't you want to kill me? Don't you want to torture me for all my terrible deeds? Just get this over with! Stop pretending to be the good guy!

- Listen, - I just sighned and sat near him, - I know what you're expecting to happen. I defeat you and after that I'll kill you without any doubt. But it's not the only way.

- It is. It's kill or be killed.

- No, it's not! - I interrupted him and that actually surprised him a bit, - We don't have to be enemies. We don't have to fight with each other until someone will succeed in killing his enemy. We're the same person and I'm sure you don't want this bloodshed to happen as much as I do. We can still make things right together.

- It's... It's too late for me, - other me just sighned without any hope either, - Besides, what will happen when I'll kill Shifty? I'll be completely alone! I... I don't have any meaning in my life anymore, but to follow his orders.

- You don't have to follow anyone's orders to have purpose in life. Nobody can't control your life and you decide your own path by yourself. Not by Shifty, not by Chara, not by anyone else either, - I patted his shoulder with my hand, - Besides, you won't be alone. We can be your family.

After that he only looked at with little surprise in his cold stare, but then he only looked a bit annoyed.

- This is not MY world to live here and you know it.

We only looked at each other for a while in complete silence. I simply couldn't find any other answer just to cheer him up and give him hope.

- Fine, - I just sighned and got up, - Think about it. Killing everything just because someone said so - is not the right way to follow. You're no machine anymore to follow this orders. But if you're not willing to kill Shifty, I'll be the one who'll do it.

After that I tried to take control over Creature's body, but as soon as I tried to, I felt strong grip on my hand that made me look with surprise at other me. Is he going to fight me once again?

- No.

- Huh? - I asked with little surprise while he was just looking at me with cold stare.

- I'll do it, - he said coldly, but I also could feel some sort of anger in his voice.

He got up and after that took control over his own body while I just looked at him with surprise, but also with... Hope. Did I actually manage to covince him?

Meanwhile, Shifty was still fighting with Chara and the whole battle was... One-sided. Since Chara was already weakened by her terrible wound she was barely managing to dodge the attacks as well as block them. Sometimes Shifty was managing to hit her again in the same place with his chainsaw, but surprisingly, Chara was still holding on. Her white T-Shirt was brutally torn appart and covered in girl's blood as well as significant part of the floor.

With each drop of blood that Chara was loosing - she was becoming more weaker as well as her determination was fading away.

But Creature wasn't looking at this bloodbath for too long and walked foward to this battle. But as soon as Shifty heard quickly approaching metalic steps, he looked at the machine with a little frusrtation.