Chapter 6: Memories

After I crossed the bridge with Asriel I could see some comfy town filled with monsters and big plate with the inscription on it "Welcome to the Snowdin"

And now I could see the main "heart" of monster's society... I was expecting everything, but they were acting... Just like every human! That reminded me of my world on surface, but this time it appears to be... Like underground. Monsters were not trying to fight each other due to their bloodlust like horror-stories are telling us, they were smiling to each other sometimes without any reason at all or just talked peacefully with others.

That was... Strange. I couldn't see such happiness in human world even though monsters are the ones who basically locked up underground... But if monsters are such peacefull race, why they got locked up in here in the first place?

But sometimes I could see slight fear in their eyes when they saw Chara's body on my hands. Somebody probably thought that I killed poor girl in cold blood or maybe they are just afraid because of new human here?

- Um... Asriel, what's up with them? - I asked my fellow-monster while looking how unknown to me monsters were trying to hide from my sight nor just looked at me with slight fear.

- Oh? - Asriel looked at sudden changes in monster's behavior, - Ah, don't worry human. They need some time to get used to new human here.

- Or maybe they're just freacking out because of Chara on my hands.

- Oh right... - did he just forget that I'm carrying his sister on my hands? - OH, HERE'S OUR HOUSE! Just... Hold on...

Suddenly he pulled out of his pocket a bunch of keys. I mean... A BIG bunch of keys. After that I couldn't help myself, but smirk because of the fact how much keys he had.

- You don't even know which key is the right one, do you?

- NONSENSE! - Asriel exclaimed indignantly and then tried to open door with one of his keys... Fail. I was ready to fall on ground and laugh, - Oh dear me... J-just give me a minute. Or two...

While goat-boy tried his best to open his own house I decided to examine it. For Chara and Asriel this house was surprisingly big and beautiful. Unlike most of the houses in this little town, this one had two floors. Many of people could only dream of living in such a house... Including me actually.

Finally, I heard how key fits it's keyhole and opens this god damn door. Surprisingly, Asriel finally founded the right key.

As soon as we entered the house, I made a sigh of relief. Finally I could feel some warm after long and cold journey through the forest.

- Welcome to our home, dear human! Make yourself comfortable and...

- Yeah, that's cool and all... But I still carry your sister on my hands. Yeah, she's hot and all...

- She's WHAT, - Asriel was shocked and I immediately realised... Did I just said it out loud..? I don't even think that Asriel knows what "hot" means...

- I MEAN, SHE'S STILL HEAVY, OK? Where can I put her down?

Also I don't want to be stabbed near thousand times since she can wake up any moment now...

- Okay, I'll try to pretend I didn't hear that, - Asriel sighed and then moved on second floor, - I think it'll be logical if we take her to her room.

- Okay then, - I followed him to, as I suppose, Chara's room, but as soon as he tried to open the door... It was locked as well.

- Ah, why does Chara always lock up her room?! That's why her room always is such a mess! - Asriel shouted in frustration and again pulled out a bunch of keys, - Just hold on, human! I'll open it in no time!