Chapter 39: The Human

(A/N: Sorry for such long wait. I had some troubles with motivation to write up new chapters

Or is this just a poor excuse of being lazy? Hell if I know)

- Hey, kiddo, - suddenly I heard Papyrus's voice that woke me up again. I mumbled something in little displease and confusion since he decided to wake me up.

Jesus, I can't have enough sleep with alive skeletons that are constantly waking me up. First Sans, now him...

- Wha? What? - I looked at him with tiredness. It was obvious that I was ready to fall back and sleep again, but looks Papyrus by himself didn't had such an issue.

- Soon human is going to fall down. You better prepare since you want to hunt him down, - Papyrus decided to give me small advice while I was analyzing his words. I need... To hunt down the human? Do I have to..?

- Ah jeez, - I mummbled in realization while I was too lazy to get up, - Can we... Reschedule that thing by like... 30 minutes at least? I would appreciate that.

- What? - Papyrus even got surprised after that, - No, you lazy fu...

Skeleton was ready to swear at me in frustration, but managed to overcome his own anger to me. So he just sighned.

- No. We CAN'T reschedule the meeting with the human. You wanted to help us with her by yourself, remember?

- But I didn't get enough sleep... And it's cold out there. Don't wanna to go in cold forest. I'm just going to sleep five more minutes and I'll kill human... Promi... - but I didn't finish and only fell back in sleep.

- Are you kidding me... - he only whispered in annoyance. After a few moments he lifted me up from the sofa with his magic and threw at the ground. That was very effective.

- OUCH! - I screamed in shock and little pain in my back, but then looked at Papyrus, - Why?!

- It's time to wake up, lazy sleepyhead. Human is going to come here soon.

- But I... - I tried to argue, but Papyrus's hateful glare forced me to quickly shut up, - Fine.

I mummbled in little frustration and displease since I wasn't willing to go for human. Not because I was scared of facing the human, I wasn't thinking about it at all. The most thing that I was afraid off is cold of the Snowdin which rushed to me as soon as I left the home. I mean, my mask and my clothes were protecting me from snow, but sudden change of temperature felt just awful. I just got used to not so comfy sofa and now some skeleton literally throw me out at cold.

It's settled. As soon as I kill the human - I'll come back and sleep. And Papyrus won't stop me from sleeping.

- I'm starting to hate Snowdin, - I mummbled in little annoyance and moved to the entrance in Ruins. I'm going to wait human in the forest and then attack her from behind, so she'll die quickly. I can't say such person deserved a quick death, but there is much more universes that needs help as well, so I need to finish my job here more quickly.

Soon I reached the Ruins entrance and looked it around. It was looking just like Papyrus's Ruins and that was forcing me to remember the good times... When I actually met Papyrus and how kind he was... And how I treated him in the end... Damn, concentrate! But... I actually wonder who is the Caretaker of the Ruins this time? Maybe... Sans?

No, wait, Sans is on Papyrus's place, you dumbass. There can't be TWO Sanses in one universe, right? Or maybe it can? Eh, my brain is going to explode if I'll keep thinking about such stuff. Okay, time to hide...

I decided to rush in the deep forest and hide behind one of the trees, so I could clearly see Ruins entrance. Now I just need to wait for human and pray that she's blind enough to not see me. I even had idea of covering myself in the snow for more disguise, but... I quickly refused to do such a thing since I remember how cold that pile of snow was. After all I'm not really a cold proof.

But while I was waiting for human to show up, I started to think about Papyrus's words once again.

Does it really worth it?

Should I kill that human and leave the monsters on starvation? That way I'll only make their fate worse. But also it's obvious that human is not going to do the right thing anytime soon, so it's no point in leaving that psycho alive.

Suddenly I finally heard so familiar to me door creak and that instantly pulled me out of my thoughts and I concentrated on person who was escaping the Ruins. And finally I noticed... The human. Looks like the human that I was looking.

She was wearing just the same green sweater like I did with yellow stripe on it and brown shorts. And yet her short hair was some sort of... Familiar to me? God, I need to concentrate!

The human was walking forward and she was looking around with rising confusion. Looks like she was looking for Papyrus to show up while he decided to stay in his house... Lazy pile of bones.

I decided to use my chance and teleported right behind that human and prepared my fire sword. I raised it right over my head and preapred to kill that human with one swing. I was completely ready to do what needs to be done. That human deserved this fate!

But suddenly, she decided to look back at me and that nearly made me shiver in shock while I freezed in one place. I was trying my best to strike that human, but something inside of me wasn't letting me to do so. She was... She was looking just like Chara. Does that mean... Does that mean...

SHE is the one who is evil here?

But she surely have reasons to commit such a thing! She would never do it because of fun like Shifty? She can't be like them! Maybe... Maybe she's not that bad after all?

But all the dust on her sweater were saying otherwise. Finally I managed to overcome myself and grabbed my sword more tightly. I striked, but Chara was prepared for me and dodged. And yet she was really confused to see me her since she never saw me before. After one strike I dealt another one. And another one. I was trying to hit her repeatedly with my sword while my anger and disbelief was slowly rising.

SHE CAN'T!

She tried to block my sword with her dusty toy-knife and obviously, that was a bad idea since right after that she lost her only weapon and got little scar on her cheeck. Chara backed off from the pain and hissed in agony, but that forced her to lost her concentrations. I prepared to strike her once again while she was stunned and forced her to fall on the ground by hitting her legs. But Chara was slowly crawling away in fear and trying to stop me with her hand while I only raised my sword once again.

Even if she is Chara... She'll pay. She have to.

Suddenly memory rushed into my head while I prepared to finish her off. I remembered about my Chara... About how I was trying to kill my Chara back there in the Judgment Hall. That situation was looking just like the same...

No, she's NOT my Chara! My Chara would never did a genocide! She would never...

I must kill her! I must...

Once again I was trying to overcome myself while Chara was staring at me with fear in her eyes. Why is she acting like that?! If she was just the same freak as Shifty, it would be a lot easier!

I literally could end her life right now with ease once and for all, but... I simply couldn't.

So after a few seconds of complete silence I rushed into portal and apprared in the Snowdin's house once again. I was completely broken and so I sat down on sofa with shock and disbelief.

I couldn't do it...

I'm so confused...

(A/N: So that's it for that chapter. Now I want to give you another choice (Yeah, sorry for so much choices)

1) Next chapter is going to be about DOA and his family (I mean, children e.t.c.)

2) Next chapter will be about DOA and Chara at beggining of their relationship

3) I'll continue history of this one DOA)