Chapter 2

They roamed the streets and Thoma's stomach started rumbling. He forgotten that they haven't eaten breakfast. Ayato glances at him and looks over at a restaurant nearby.

"You want to stop by for something to eat? It's on me, no worries." Ayato delightfully smirked at him.

"I'll accept that offer. Thank you." He replied.

They sit down next to each other as Erika greets them. "Nice to see you both in this lovely day. What will it be for today?" She placed her ladle aside.

"We'll take the Miso Soup, Tricolor Dango, Tri-Flavored Skewer and Butter Crab." Ayato politely requested.

"My lord, isn't that too much just for breakfast? I'm fine, I can survive on just a small meal. It doesn't have to be too-"

"Shh...it's okay." He planted his finger on his lips. Thoma felt something on his throat for a second there. He tried to calm his mind as much as he can. "Just because I'm your master doesn't mean I can't treat you right. I don't want you to feel sad, so please, enjoy while it lasts, alright?" 

Thoma held his hand and put his master's hand down to let his words out better. "Y-yes Mr. Kamisato. I'll take it as a reward."

"Good, I have to apologize to Itto that we will arrive later than expected." He exhaled and watches Erika serve the food one by one. "But I'm sure he's having the time of his life with the kids right at the moment."

"Itadakimasu." They said together, clasping both hands in unison.

Itto spotted Ayato and Thoma eating together and thought it would be a great idea to scare them. He silently went behind them and patted both their shoulders at the same time.

"Gotcha!" He exclaimed.

"Aaaah!" Thoma's chopsticks were in the brink of extinction. "I'll admit, that really scared me." He placed his hands on his chest and took a few breaths.

"You almost got me there friend, but not close enough." Ayato was calm as ever. It's like the surprise didn't surprise him at all. "I thought you were playing with the kids..."

"Nahhh, Yoimiya kinda challenged me to a goldfish card game, and OH MY GOSH I ALMOST WON BUT SHE HAD TWO CARDS LEFT, GOSH DAMMIT. She said you should've seen the look on your face!" He tried to imitate Yoimiya's voice, placing his hands on his waist while shimmy-ing from side to side. "WELL NEWS FLASH MS. FIREWORK GIRLIE, I WILL PLAY WITH THOSE KIDS THE NEXT DAY AND OHH YEAH...I will CRU-"

"Okay okay, calm down. We don't want to catch anymore attention." He was staring at each random person in the restaurant for the entire time since they were staring at his friend. "Yeah..."

Itto scoffed. "Were you not paying attention? Cause I was seeing you looking at random places."

"It's not that, it's just you've caught a lot of people's views."

"Oh..." He got a tricolored dango from the saucer. "Anyways, didn't know Thoma was coming with ya."

"Yeah, he told me to come with him. I thought this was only going to be a you-two thing." Thoma wiped his hands on a tissue he got.

"Exactly! Ahem, but you can come too if you want. I mean you are popular in this place," Itto ate his last words, hoping he couldn't hear it. "Anyways, let's move it! Ayato and I are gonna start our onikabuto battle!"

They reach Byakko Plain, they went passed a lot of samurais in order to go to the place they needed to be. Itto reaches in his pocket and brings out 3 onikabutos. Carefully and steadily, he lets them down on a nearby rock.

"Man, these little guys almost crawled outta my pocket. Let's stay here for now I guess. Ya know what I think we'll stay here for the rest of the day, my back is starting to hurt. Is it okay with you guys?"

Ayato quietly laughed. "That's alright with me. Thoma, could you get two pebbles please?"

"Yes, my lord. I'll be right back." Thoma leaves them to talk alone.

"Sooooooo...since it's my birthday, whatcha got for me?" Itto asked.

"I never forget gifts for you, dear friend. Here, I hope you like it." He reveals the box and pushes it towards him.

He gives Ayato a big hug and squeezes him tightly. "Thank you thank you thank you! You're such a good friend!"

He opens the box and gasps in happiness. The onikabuto was busy turning around for no reason in repeat. He looked at the onikabuto then to Ayato, then looked at Ayato and back at the onikabuto. "This is, the best birthday gift. I mean all the other ones were great but THIS, this takes the cake." He lifted it and placed it down on the rock with the other onikabutos he brought.  One of the onikabutos went on top of the biggest one and chilled on it.

"They're so cute. I'm gonna cry..."

"You can cry if you want to. I won't judge." Ayato smiled.

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"