Chapter 7

The festival was going to start in a few days. Everyone was just waiting and preparing which meals they were going to serve. Ayaka and Yoimiya were the ones out together.

"Teriyaki check, each kinds of ramen check..." Ayaka was studying the list. "Hm...can you follow up the Green Tea ice cream and the Yakitori please?"

"No problem Ms. Kamisato." One of the chefs said.

"Thank you. Yoimiya, could you check on the kites and masks? I haven't seemed to look those over yet."

"Yes ma'am!" She nodded.

She scooted over to the stalls which held the activities. One of the kids hastily approached her and tugged her arm.

"Yoimiya! Yoimiya! There's something wrong with the kite stall!" The little girl cried out.

Yoimiya saw people running from the danger, she could smell fire and see a cloud of thick smoke appearing. "Lead the way."

One of the stalls were set on fire, it didn't seem like it was on purpose. The sparkler sticks were used and some were thrown on the path. The fire was spreading really fast and spread from stall to stall.

"Alright you little ones. Could one of you kids find Ayaka and tell her to call the Yashiro Commission? I'll stay here and help everyone to safety."

"Okay!" The little boy went to find her.

"Alright um, you two could help try to calm the fire down. Maybe find a water source to put out the fire." Yoimiya said.

"Isn't that a little too dangerous?" The girl asked.

"I...oh forget it. You help me get everyone to safety."

Yoimiya ran in the fire without hesitation to see if anyone got into any trouble getting out. As she went deeper into the smoke, she could hear someone's voice.

"Help! Please! Anyone?!"

"I'm coming!" Yoimiya sprinted faster.

A woman was stuck in between wooden planks and couldn't move. Yomiya immediately started working her way through and quickly throwing the planks. She coughed and tried to gasp in for oxygen as she was moving each plank away from her.

"Go, go! I'll follow up!" She continuously kept coughing and began to collapse on the ground.

Ayaka and Ayato arrive at the scene, Yoimiya hasn't come out of the smoke. The kids started to become worried of her and tears filled up their eyes.

"Is Ms. Yoimiya okay?! She's not saying anything!" The kid wept. "What if she never comes out alive?"

"Stand back please. This won't take a while."

Ayato stepped forward and drew out his sword. He only thought of saving Yoimiya, the festival, and the people. He exhaled and unleashed a garden of water. Bloomwater Blades start falling down and taking out the fire slowly. The smoke went away and Yoimiya wakes up as she feels water droplets on her shoulders. Ayaka ran to her and hugged her tightly.

"Yoimiya! My goodness you're alright! I should've went with you, I'm super sorry."

"I'm alright, it's okay. Ooookay let it out." She giggled, hearing her crying sounds made her feel all fuzzy inside. She looked up at Ayato standing in front of her. "Thank you."

"No worries Yoimiya." He turned around to the public. "Okay everyone, we need to tidy and fix this place. The sooner we do it, the faster we can get it done."