Chapter 5

Thoma noticed Ayato from afar, Ayato smirked at him and winked. He turned away and went on to eat his Taiyaki until he ate it all. He glances at him again, he was talking to the people and helping Ayaka with the planning. Itto slapped him in the back, hoping he was hearing him.

"Ouch...what's the problem?" Thoma sat up straight thanks to the slap.

"You seemed to lock eyes on Ayato. You interested him or something?"

"What? No, I wouldn't be attracted to him." He said slowly, his face turning red too.

"Suit yourself."

"Alrighty, the fireworks are packed up. Let's bring them to Ayaka and ask where to place them." Yoimiya waved his father goodbye.

Itto stands up and helps Yoimiya with the boxes with fireworks inside. Thoma followed them not carrying anything, he was too focused on Ayato the whole stroll. He tripped on the stairs and almost broke the fireworks.

"Woah!-"

Yoimiya dropped her box. "Are you hurt?! You took a pretty hard fall." He lent a hand to him.

"I'm fine, it's my fault I wasn't looking where I was going." Thoma held her hand and stood up.

"At least the fireworks are still in good shape, should not have dropped them like that. We better hurry, everyone might be getting impatient at us for not bringing the supplies on time."

The city was done hanging the lanterns and banners. The view was great from every corner. All they had to do was wait for the special day to arrive. Ayaka was done with her duties monitoring everyone's problems for the festival. She sees the three coming and rushes to them, Ayato goes to them too.

"You guys are here. Great, you brought the extra fireworks. Turns out we needed more than expected. The ones you brought weren't enough, I apologize Yoimiya." Ayaka bowed.

"That's okay. Luckily we still had fireworks in stock when we were getting more. All the fireworks are out of stock now thanks to the festival. It would take some time to make more."

"The amount of fireworks should be good enough. Next we'll have to help with the silks and fabrics for the kimonos in case they run out." Ayato said.

"I'm sure Ogura Mio prepared a lot of fabrics for the occassion." Ayaka replied.

"All that running and carrying stuff around made me tired. You guys want to stop by the Narukami Shrine and stay there for a bit." Yoimiya suggested.

"There are two people that we need to ask there, so let's go." Ayato led the way.

When they arrived at the shrine, Sayu was spying on them from the roofs. She moved quietly so she wouldn't get caught. Yae Miko was sitting by one of the staircases and sipping tea.

"What a surprise, there's a lot of guests here today. What brings you all here?" Yae Miko set aside her tea and book.

"Since the festival is starting in a few days, maybe you could join us?" Ayaka questioned.

"Oh of course I'll go. There's not a single festival I've missed, so why would I miss this one? By the way, a cute and small little guest is here too. Seems like she's interested in knowing everything." She stared at Sayu from the rooftop.

Sayu backflipped and landed on the ground, feeling a bit dizzy. "Gosh, you caught me again. I was trying to talk to them in private after you." She said in annoyance.

"I can't stand you staring like that at everyone. Cute but uncomfortable." Yae giggled. "Now now, if you all have nothing else to do, you may leave."

Arataki whispered to Yoimiya that Thoma might like Ayato. She gasped and covered her mouth. Thoma in front of them, leaned his head in confusion.

"Hey, is it true you have feelings for him? I wanna know, I wanna know!" Yoimiya whispered to him.

Thoma let out a sigh. "If you say so, yes I do."

Yoimiya squealed. "Woo, yes! You guys should spend the festival together. I know the perfect spot you can watch the fireworks with him."

"What are you guys laughing about? You guys are so loud..." Sayu yawned. "Is it about Ayato? Because if you are sneaking up on him, I'd like to punch him for pinching me the other day."

"Yes it is about him buttttt, we won't do anything bad. Sorry Sayu." Itto said.

"Fine, I guess I'll punch his firebenders myself." Sayu crawled behind Ayato and punched it. "Hehe..."

"Wow, I wouldn't have the confidence to do that. I mean I would totally do that." Itto burst out laughing and tears fell to his cheeks.

"I'll see you guys on the day of the festival. Mujina out." She disappeared using her smoke bomb.

"We should go back, and I need to aid Ayato from Sayu. See you later, Yae Miko." Ayaka smiled.

"No worries darlings. I'll see you soon." Yae waved goodbye.