Chapter 21

I can't sleep cuz of stupid rain :')

Ayato awoke by Thoma's small kiss on his forehead. He did feel the need to get up since he thought it was past his usual time that he wakes up.

"Morning, my lord. Breakfast is ready but you can decide if you wanna take it now."

Ayato got hold of his arm and drawed him closer. They both can feel their tender lips and breaths exchanging. Thoma lifted his lips to distance himself.

"...Morning to you too." He smirked as he was still having his hands on his waist.

"Haha, I wasn't expecting that first thing in the morning."

"Call it the starter for your breakfast."

Ayaka wasn't there when Ayato sat down to wait. He felt a moody sensation in his stomach, it felt as if there was stones piling up. For him, it was completely empty to not see his sister eat with him. Thoma came in the room with his food prepared and saw him frowning.

"Excuse me, my lord, are you okay?"

"Hm? Oh it's nothing. I was overthinking some things."

"Is it Ayaka?" He gave a wild guess.

"Maybe, maybe not." He relaxed his shoulders.

"If you're looking for her, she's not in the house right at the moment."

"How come?"

"She wanted to see Yoimiya about something. She didn't tell me anything else when I asked her what was her business."

"Could they be...no can it?" Ayato tried to put his thoughts together. "We should check on them later."

"If that's your decision, my lord." He served his breakfast and they ate with one another's company.

Minutes later, they visited Yoimiya's place. Ayato knocked on her door to see if everything was going just fine.

Ayaka slid the door open to see her brother standing in front. "Nice to see you Ayato."

"You didn't bother to tell me that you were going to wander off first thing in the morning?"

"Didn't Thoma told you majority of what I'm doing here?"

Yoimiya cleared her throat in the background. "Good morning you two! What can we do for you today?" She stepped beside Ayaka and held her waist.

"You're coming home. Now." Ayato grabbed Ayaka's wrist.

"What? You're not serious." Ayaka answered. "Again, Thoma said why I'm here."

"Yes and no, you gave him undetailed information."

"Listen, I'm here because Yoimiya told her concern about the fireworks found missing."

"We were going to roam around the other parts of Inazuma to see if any of those samurai people took them." Yoimiya explained.

"Be careful. I'm not responsible if any of you get hurt."

"I'll protect her with my life, Mr. Kamisato."

Ayato released his sister's wrist and they go out to start their search of the fireworks.

"We should head back. There's some things I'd like to try with you."

"You mean those ones?"

"Mhm, we can't let them sit there. They're gifts after all."