Chapter 25

Ayaka sees Thoma and Ayato arriving home. She goes to them while trying to look as if she didn't want anything from Thoma.

"So...? How was the shrine visit?"

"It was normal as usual. What were you doing while we were away?" Her brother interrogated.

"I thought of going to the Tea House to fetch some things then realized I had left my fan there."

"Lucky you then. I'll get back to my work. I'll see you both at dinner." Ayato kisses Thoma's cheek and went inside.

"What were the details you got hm?"

"First off, Ayato told Lady Yae about our positions,"

"He...what." Her smile faded.

"Then the book will be released in a couple of days, milady." Thoma smiled in nervousness.

"Okay uhm, thanks Thoma." She didn't want to make eye contact with him after that.

"Great I think I just killed her spirit..."

Thoma entered Ayato's room carrying a saucer with fruits. He kneels down on the other side of him.

"Hey, you don't seem like you're in the mood. What's wrong?" Ayato puts down his feather pen.

"Do you ever feel like Ayaka's kind of interested in the book you made? She asked me when we were making out way to the shrine for details of the book. I too wanted to know as well though."

"I did hear recently from her the poster she saw. She did sound excited when she told me."

"How come she acted mysteriously when she talked to me?"

"You know what they say, some people act different around others, depending on who they're communicating with. She didn't want you to think she was into that stuff I suppose."

"I should leave, I don't want to bother you."

"...Thoma wait."

"Hm?"

Ayato's tongue twisted for a while.

"Nevermind. You can leave."

Thoma turned back to the door and left. Ayato was too nervous to ask him if they would have another session but he thought it was best he'd focus on his work.

Next day came by and the lovers didn't talk for almost the whole day. They stayed dead silent as if no one was there. They couldn't think of what they dared to do together. Theywere busy and caught p on their own things.

"Hi Thoma. Is something going on?" Ayaka was shocked herself.

"It's nothing for you to worry. He's busier than I am, so I don't wanna be a distraction." Thoma continued sweeping the garden and not answering Ayaka again.

Ayaka barged in Ayato's room. "Alrighty what's going on with you both? You have not been talking to him lately. Did that shrine visit make you cuckoo?"

"No it did not. I've been busy and I suggest that you leave us alone to handle the problem ourselves."

"You think I'm some...piece of crumpled paper? I volunteered to help." Ayaka scoffed. "Is this one of your bad days again?"

Thoma came in the room to hear them arguing. "Woah what's happening?"

"I'm asking him what's wrong and I want to help." Ayaka crossed her arms.

"Am I trying to ignore you? Please be honest with me, Thoma."

"No you aren't, my lord."

"Good. Now the problem has been resolved." Ayato slammed the table.

"Your tone hasn't changed, you're still in a bad mood! And I know you aren't ignoring him because of your work. I'm needing a real answer why are you both not communicating." Ayaka said.

"Please don't argue anymore, we can figure this out if we don't take this too seriously." Thoma prayed to not let this go too far.

"I told you I'm fine!"

"You are not!

"I'm doing the best I can for this family so the best you can do to play your part and to make sure you don't get in the way."

"I am not getting in the way! What makes you think that I'm trying to-"

"Listen you two! Stop this right now!" Thoma shouted.

Everyone in the room didn't say a word, their breathes were the only sounds they could hear. The siblings anger was still burning inside them, but it wasn't as strong anymore.

"Milady can you exit the room please? You need to relax a bit. I'll handle it." Thoma said in a calm tone.

"I'm sorry, for everything." Ayato spoke softly as Ayaka went out of the room.

"I know...you should take a break. Both of you do. And as for me not speaking to you, I apologize."

"My work needs to be done by tomorrow. I won't be taking dinner. But I promise to have time for you tomorrow."

"I'll go check on Ms. Good luck on your work. See you tomorrow."

"Good night to you, darling." Ayato smile faded and continued to his work.

Ha, anger issues go brr. :^