Chapter 28

"Lunch is done! Sorry for the wait." Thoma served the food, he patted Ayaka as he sat down next to her.

"Hello, don't worry, I wasn't here for long." Ayaka got her chopsticks and rice bowl.

"...Where's your brother?"

"I'm not sure. I thought you were the last one to see him, you should know where he headed."

He went out of the room and checked if he left anything in the kitchen, turns out he did. A post-it was magnetized on the refrigerator. 

"Find me in Chinju Forest." The paper wrote.

Thoma crumpled the paper and rushed out of the house without saying anything else to Ayaka.

"Thoma? Thoma? Where are you- oh geez." She set down her chopsticks and fully slid open the door to catch up.

Continuing to run for minutes, he couldn't stop, he was worried as heck, what if he was captured or kidnapped by those samurai? With Ayaka behind him, she tried her best to try to not lose him. And was very disturbed by the fact she just left her to eat her rice bowl.

He caught a few breaths but reached Chinju Forest. The sky quickly turned dark blue with gigantic clouds in the air. The glowing flowers touched his boots as the wind rustles gently. Ayato peeks from a nearby tree, he knew it was a good time to reveal himself. He covers Thoma's eyes with his hands.

"Guess who?~"

Thoma got too excited that he was safe and sound that he moved his hands out of the way and gave him a kiss.

"...Woah woah, are you okay?" Ayato moved his hands to Thoma's hips.

"I'm glad you're safe, oh my gosh." Thoma leaned his forehead to his.

"I knew you would be alerted by that note so suddenly." Ayato let out a small chuckle.

"I just didn't want you to get hurt, my lord..."

"Well be thankful I'm not into some sort of danger." Ayato said.

Ayato held Thoma's hand and led him to a small river nearby. Thoma attempted to skip a few rocks while moving to the other side to go faster, but caused him to fall on his bottom. Ayato helped him up and laughed of how goofy it was. Thoma splashed water on him for revenge. Soon enough it led them to splashing each other and wetting their clothes, but all it matters was they were having fun.

Ayaka found Thoma with Ayato and heard them laughing and snorting. She peeked at them, smiling at the couple and them having the time of their life. Ayato looked behind Thoma and saw her sister watching them.

"Come on, Ayaka. I don't want you missing out on the fun."

"I- no no I'm good! You two have the time of your life together!" Ayaka refused the offer.

She wasn't too far from the river, so Ayato couldn't help but splash her.nl

"Oh! You've done it now!" Ayaka dashed to the river to splash him back.

The three were so busy getting each other wet that they forgot about lunch. But there wasn't time for that, they knew they could never do this again in a few days, even weeks because of how busy they could be.

"I swear to the Almighty Shogun to keep them together," Ayaka spoke to herself. "I won't let anyone seperate their love. Even if it means by the cost of something greater than I can imagine."

She couldn't forget that time when Shiaka almost stole Ayato away from Thoma. She was happy to serve and support the two. At least it was over, that their problems were over. No one was going to destroy their hearts anymore.

The End.