Chapter 14

Early morning, Beidou's ship arrived in Ritou. It was early dawn and the sun was still rising. Kazuha followed Beidou as they walk off the ship and stepped on the harbor.

"I need to deliver something to Kokomi because of some supplies she needs. You think you can handle yourself on your own?"

"Don't worry too much. I'll be fine." Kazuha assured.

"I'll see you later in the end of the day. Make sure to not be late or else we'll leave you here. We still need to head back to Liyue for other matters." She chuckled as she ruffles his hair with a pat. "Alright crew! Let's head out!"

She climbs aboard her ship and leaves Kazuha behind. Kazuha finds Thoma running to him and gives him a greeting.

"I'm sorry for the late hello Kazuha, there were other matters I had to attend to." He panted.

"No no it's okay. I just got off..." He sees the bite mark on the left side of his neck. "Did you get bitten somehow?"

"Oh that! You don't have to mind it, it's Taroumaru. He's being a little bit cranky today." He hid his mark by putting his hand on it.

"Doesn't look like a dog bite to me, but whatever you want to say about it. Could I stop by the estate if the siblings aren't busy of course."

"Mhm, come with me."

Ayaka was relaxing in the zen garden, reading her book. She notices Kazuha with Thoma entering the house. She dropped her book and followed them inside.

"You can roam around the house. I'll go prepare you some tea."

"Thanks..."

Kazuha drew out his sword to clean it. Ayato passes by him and found Thoma making tea.

"Did Kazuha arrive here just now?"

"Yeah he did, my lord. He said he'll stay here since Beidou's on her way to Watatsumi Island." Thoma carries the kettle and pours tea into each yunomi and placed saucers under it. "You all should head to the tatami room. You do need to talk to our guest."

"I'll go find my sister then." Ayato bowed and went away.

Thoma caught Kazuha's attention. "You should go to the tatami room to make you feel at home more. You'll have more people to talk with the rest of the day."

"Alright." He removed his hair tie as his hair falls and touches his neck. Then he ties his hair back up again while moving to the room.

He kneels next to Ayaka with Ayato across the table. Thoma slowly and surely serves each yunomi. Just then a burst of knocking sounds come from the entrance.

"I'll answer whoever that is." Thoma hastily slips the tray out of his hands and opens the door.

"Beidou?"

"I'm sorry for the interruption but I need Kazuha now."

"I'll get him right away." He runs back to the room. "Sincere apologies but Kazuha needs to leave."

"Is Beidou back?" Kazuha asks.

"Yes she's waiting right now."

"I appreciate the hospitality." Kazuha bows and leaves them.

Beidou salutes as she pats Kazuha on the back as they go their ways. Ayaka sighs and sees the same bite mark Kazuha noticed.

"Thoma? Did you get bitten? Is it bleeding?" She immediately got up and checked it.

"D-don't worry! I'm okay!"

"Let me see please! I can help!"

"Wait!~ Please I'm really okay!"

Ayato covers his mouth and laughs. He follows both of them out of the room.

Sorry for the late post, but now I'm happy that I have Ayato. Big thanks to my brother for helping me get him in my account :]