Chapter 18

Amber sprints ahead with Thoma at her tail. As she was destined to finally reach the headquarters in time...

"Oof." She rubs her forehead and amazed that Diluc was right in front of her. Plus she had ran into him. "A-ah. My I'm super sorry."

"No need. I see that someone's here to visit." He doesn't shove Amber too harshly aside.

"Oh! Morning Master Diluc." Thoma gave his hand out for him so he could accept his handshake.

He refuses and crosses his arms instead. "Any reason for you to talk to the Knights of Favonius?"

"Grandmaster Jean told me to come here for something important. Is there anything bothering you, sir?" A tear of sweat rolled down his left side of his face.

"Hm..." His face makes a more serious look as his brother walks in.

Kaeya comes in from Thoma's side stands right next to him. "So great to see you Master Diluc. Anything in particular that you're interested in our guest?" He raises and eyebrow to him and uses his eyes to signal Thoma to move to Amber.

"Huh, it's gotta be the Knights of Favonius that are trusted with everything." He tsked.

"Well if you have any other person for him to trust, it could possibly be you, but can he trust anyone else?" Kaeya smirks.

"Making the same old jokes again aren't you? Trying to smile your way through everything." Diluc started losing it.

"Listen I'm not here making jokes. Let's not make this talk any worse. We'll handle him, don't worry."

Kaeya walks past him and accompanies Amber and Thoma back to the headquarters. Diluc glares at his brother and finally leaves them alone after a few seconds. They head inside and Jean opens her office door to see them coming in.

"What took you so long?" Jean asked Kaeya.

"It was Master Diluc. Saying that we can't be trusted as always." Kaeya dusted off his shoulder.

"Alright, since we're all here. I want to say thanks to Thoma for making it here."

Everyone in the room applaused for him.

"The reason why I called you here Thoma is because all of us have some gifts for you and the Kamisatos. A little hello from Mondstat."

Each of them packaged their gifts in a box with their signatures on it. It had a big bow to finish off the look.

"Also, Kaeya mentioned about certain toys in the gifts. I'm not sure why he placed toys even though we're grown-up..." Lisa exhaled.

"Come on, not like any toys can do harm. It's specially for them too, so best not to make it sound disappointing." Kaeya said.

"We wish you a good journey back to Inazuma. Let the wind lead." Jean embraced Thoma.

"Let the wind lead." Thoma repeated. "Thanks everyone."

"Make sure to watch out for slimes and hilichurls!" Amber saluted.

"I will. Farewell!" Thoma grabbed his bag and went on his way back home.

Sorry for the short chapter 🙏