Chapter 26

Happy 20k reads, thanks for the continuous support 💌

Taroumaru greeted Thoma as he stepped in the teahouse. "Arf!" It spun in circles.

"Good morning buddy." He patted him and carried him onto the counter.

Itto bursts in the teahouse with his groan echoing the place, Heizou and Shinobu were accompanying behind.

"Good day to you three." Thoma waved.

"Hey Thoma. The usual please." Shinobu said and sat on one of the chairs.

"I'll get the Hojicha, thanks." Heizou replied.

"Uhhh I'll be getting the um...fetch me the Genmaicha, yeah. Thanks my dude." Itto turned to Taroumarou and rubbed his face. "Who's a good boy!"

"Can I ask why Arataki Itto has...handcuffs?" Thoma questioned.

"Oh yeah long, long story. I kinda got in trouble for training onikabutos to get my Vision off the statue. Yeaaaaah I thought it would be a pret-ty good idea but Kujou Chicken Wings showed up."

"I tried to back him up by breaking him outta jail but some detective wanted to join us on the way here." She rolled her eyes and couldn't resist trying to slap Heizou's shoulder.

Heizou tightly gripped her hand to prevent her action. "You can quit the seriousness, I promise I won't tell a thing to Sara."

"Pfft, you snitched quite enough, punk!..." Itto coughed while trying to say his other words.

"Here you go, your orders." Thoma served them each.

"Thank you, here's the payment." Shinobu removed her hand on the counter and pushed the Mora to him.

"Could it be fine if I told you some of my worries?" Thoma grinned nervously.

Each of them agreed one by one.

"You know about me and Mr. Kamisato relationship status right?"

"Hold up just a sec, you're actually dating him. Why did you not tell me sooner huh?! And you've been keeping this from me haven't you?" Shinobu pulled Itto's ear.

"Ow ow! I thought you weren't interested okay?!"

"Not interested?! This is Kamisato Ayato we're talking 'bout!"

"Hm yes, I've heard rumors around Ritou after the firework show." Heizou said.

"We sort of got into an argument involving Ms. Kamisato too-"

Itto gasped. "DON'T TELL ME YOU GUYS BROKE UP!"

"It's okay, we haven't. But really decided when to apologize since he's busy with his workload."

"About that, since of the recent issue of the Yashiro Commission that some of their supplies have been robbed. Some say it was from the Fatui. He might be having loads of work coming." Heizou clarified.

"Why? Hasn't he spoke to you or anything? He should at least talk to you for a minute." Shinobu looked over to Itto who's struggling to get his handcuffs out.

"Don't tell me you purposely brought the key." She whispered to Heizou.

"Fine here." He threw it to her and she let Itto free.

"Woo! I mean...ahem. Yeah keep going my dude." Itto waited for Thoma's response.

"...Not much. He didn't talk to me for days."

"Bap bap bap that sounds like a problem. He's dodging you bro."

"Work over someone? That's something you don't do everyday. Especially the fact you guys are in a good status." Shinobu grew worried.

"Let's not jump to the conclusion that Ayato's intention is bad. I'm sure he's doing it what's best for the clan." Heizou grabbed the handcuffs lying on the floor. "I'll be on my way, Kujou Sara might be looking for me. Good luck by the way."

"Maybe he's waiting for you to do the first move. You never know."

She looked around and Itto was nowhere to be seen. "Oh great, that oni's off to the statue once again. See you later Thoma. Hope it works out soon."

"Thanks..." He makes his way back to the estate. Keeping his head up and wishes that Ayato finally listens to him.