Chapter 17

Morning came, and Jean found herself sleeping on her desk. Lisa came in with a tray of tea.

"Good morning. You overworked yourself once more last night..." She handed her one of the teacups.

"Really? Gosh I couldn't recall what I was doing." She checked her surroundings and saw the letter was smudged from her crashing. Her mood changed quickly. "Ah right, I have to restart the letter as soon as possible."

Lisa stopped her movement by holding her wrist gently but firmly. "Jean you shouldn't worry too much. I'm sure they'll understand. They know that you're working your best."

"I have to get the letter done, Lisa. Please leave me-"

"I simply cannot do that." Lisa directly looked at her, her expression changed to more of a disappointed one.

The clock ticking and the ladies breathes were the sounds that filled up the room. Jean glanced back and forth at her wirst and Lisa. She could see in her eyes the worry for her.

"Please hear me out. I don't want to feel worried about you every single day. I have to keep monitoring you dusk and dawn to ensure you're doing okay. I don't want to see you acting like this. Shaking off of what you need the most. I feel as I need to always be there as if I'm your coat."

"Lisa...I'm..." Jean's words were pushing back in her throat. She was lost for words. "I'm deeply sorry."

"...That's all I need to hear. I don't want anything more." Lisa let Jean's wrist go and moved her hand to intertwine with Jean's hand. "No more trying to stress yourself out, promise?"

"I promise." She looked up to her emerald eyes and beamed.

"Good to hear. By the way, Thoma was here last night. That was your purpose to call him here to Mondstat." Lisa poured tea to her cup.

"Damn I fell asleep before I could even see a slight bit of him. Where is he now?"

"Not sure, Amber took care of trying to find him a place to stay in. Then she came back to me early in the morning to tell me that he's perfectly fine."

"Can you send Amber again to fetch him back here?"

"No problem. She must be eating breakfast at the moment so she'll be done in a while. For now, cheers."

Their teacups clank together.

Thoma awoke and dressed up to see Amber near Good Hunter. She got up and gave him a hand shake.

"Good day to you! How's the inn?"

"Not bad. I expected a lot from you."

"I remember Jean reminded me to bring you back to the headquarters. Let's move it after our breakfast." Amber sat back down to continue eating, peacefully together with Thoma.

Just had to get the ladies a good scene of themselves of course. ;)