Chapter 16

Hello my readers, I am back! I'll try to work the best I can :)

Ayaka served the breakfast and took a deep breath in disappointment.

"How can I check on you both if you're doing the most excessive things everytime? It's almost like I can't find the right moment!" She slammed the table.

"Look milady we deeply apologize..." Thoma wiped his mouth with the tissue beside his plate.

She cleared her mind and faced Ayato. "By the way brother, one of the Commissioners told me that Itto was sneaking into the Tenryou camp and beating forces with Shinobu." The more she said it, the more she was concerned about it.

"Really? Then he executed well, I'll give him a proper thanks later. Along with Shinobu of course." Ayato sipped his tea.

"I almost lost my memory that I needed to go to Mondstat today." Thoma got up with his plate in his hands. "Gotta start preparing, I'll see you two tomorrow!"

Thoma closed the door and the siblings exchanged looks. Ayato cleared his throat and Ayaka played with her hair.

"Do you know how to do chores?" Ayaka's mind began to fill with stress.

"Certainly not." Ayato replied.

"No matter, we'll just split the jobs. I cook, you clean."

"Doesn't cleaning have more jobs?"

"I don't want you cooking. You burnt the cheescake last week and you promised you wouldn't mess up." She walked away with her dish.

Thoma packed his essentials then left the house without saying anymore words. He stopped by the teahouse to say goodbye to Taroumaru. After that he arrived just in time in Ritou where Beidou was waiting.

She turned around to see Thoma rushing towards her. "Hey Thoma! We were just about to set sail. Lucky you made it."

"You were going to leave without me?" Thoma climbed onboard with her.

"I'm messing with 'cha. Let's hoist the sails, crew! We don't want to waste any more time!"

The wind flowed through the sails. The morning sun was shining brightly as always. Kazuha waved at Thoma as he waved back too. He went down the mast  to talk to him.

"Nice to see you again." Kazuha smiled lightly.

"Good to see you too." Thoma embraced him and patted his back.

Hours later, they got off in the dock of Liyue Harbor. Beidou left the ship while keeping her arm behind Kazuha's shoulders. Thoma journeyed and finally made it to Mondstat where he found Kaeya patrolling near the bridge.

"Thoma, pleasure to meet you once more." He smirked.

"It feels nice to have the wind back. How's your duties lately?" Thoma walked beside him going in the city.

"Oh it's been doing alright so far. You?"

"Nothing much to worry about."

As Thoma's shoulders relaxed, Kaeya's attention turned to Thoma's neck.

"Ahah, someone's being very naughty..." He chuckled.

"You too? Second warning already." He nudged Kaeya's arm playfully.

"Let's bring you to Master Jean to welcome you and help you find good spot to stay."

Jean was falling asleep with a feather pen in her hand. Lisa was reading her books by the couch and went over to Jean. She put back her pen to the ink jar and patted her head gently.

"Please don't work yourself too much Jean. It's too much to handle..." Lisa said in a low voice.

The doorknob turned and Kaeya and Thoma entered the room. Lisa stepped aside Jean's desk and waved at them.

"Good evening. Thoma, good to see you back in Mondstat."

"Same goes for me. Kaeya told me that you guys know a place for me to stay."

"Right, Amber can help guide you. She'll be here in a bit, don't worry." Lisa answered. "And there, she's here."

Amber saluted. "Hello Thoma! What's all the fuss about?"

"You help Thoma find a place to settle in. Oh and make sure you find sweet flowers, four, Diluc said to me to deliver it to the tavern." Kaeya explained.

"No problem. Let's go!" Amber holds Thoma's hand and they both exit the building.