Chapter 4

The following day, the people started hanging banners and and lanterns around. Yoimiya got help from the kids with the firework boxes and headed towards the Kamisato Estate.

"Hello? It's me, Yoimiya! I was wondering if Ayaka's in there?" She sat down on the floor and dropped the boxes. "No? Okay I can stay...right in this very spot." She wiped off the sweat on her forehead and relaxed her shoulders.

Thoma opened the door and saw Yoimiya on the floor. "Hey! Didn't expect for you to be here early."

"I don't wanna miss a single detail for the festival! Is Ayaka in there? The people are asking for her help."

"Yeah sure I'll go get her. Can you wait a little bit longer?"

"I can wait. Don't worry about me!"

Thoma closed the door and searched for Ayaka in her room. She was tying her hair and getting ready to go out. Thoma lightly knocked on the door.

"Milady, Yoimiya's waiting outside. You almost ready?"

"Yes yes, I'm coming. You can stay outside and wait for me there. I'll be there in a moment." Ayaka answered.

Yomiya yawned and rubbed her eyes. Arataki was sitting beside her but she didn't notice.

"Heyy...so is it my turn to play with the kids?"

Yoimiya jumped. "Wah! Warn me next time." She crossed her arms. "And no, both of us have to share the kids today. Since we're gathering around for the festival, we need to work together and help prepare everything."

"Seriously? I cannot stand just you playing with the kids. It's my turn this time!" Arataki exclaimed.

"I said we have to work together!"

Ayaka and Thoma go outside and see them arguing. Ayaka sighed and pushed them both away.

"No time for this, the people need our help. Now would you two stop arguing or no one's playing with the kids."

"Awh, fineeeeee." They said.

"Right, here's the fireworks. Carefully packaged and in good condition!"

Thoma got the boxes from her. "Thanks a bunch, we'll have to ask more fireworks just in case we don't have enough."

"No problemo."

When they all went in the middle of the city, people constantly kept asking Ayaka for help. Thoma, Arataki, and Yoimiya watched her get crowded by everyone, not saying anything.

"Alright one by one. My apologies friends, you can go wait by the Nagonohara Fireworks Shop for me. This will take a lot of time to get done." Ayaka said.

"Don't sweat it. We'll be waiting for you then." Itto tapped Yoimiya's shoulder. "Race you there, haha!"

"Oh you! I'm gonna beat your dust!"

Itto finished at first place. Yoimiya was trying to catch her breath and fixed her hair.

"Yessir...that's how ya do it. Woo!"

"Not..fair! You're clearly more into the athletic type." Yoimiya complained.

"You guys left me!" Thoma finally caught up with them. "Phew..."

"Welp, everyone's here at least. I'm gonna tell my father that we're here. I'll make some Taiyaki while I'm at it." Yoimiya went inside and left the door open.

"Why are you here? Is your gang going to help with the festivities?" Thoma asked him.

"Yep, the more hands the merrier. Ayato thought it be a good idea to bring them over." Itto cracked his knuckles.

Yoimiya was holding her father's hand and carrying a plate of Taiyaki in her other hand. "Heyy! Father's here and I thought that he could talk with us while we wait for Ayaka. Anywho, here's your Taiyakis."

"Father, we need more fireworks just in case." Yoimiya told him.

"What?" He couldn't hear her.

"I said, we need more fireworks!" She repeated.

"Huh? Sorry I can't understand you."

"Nevermind...I'll get it myself." She went at the back of the shop looking disappointed.