27(Bakugou)

It's been a week since I saved Eri. I can tell that whatever she went through put a huge toll on her mentally. She hasn't smiled once since she got here. I even asked her about it, but she told me she didn't know what smiling was. I regret not giving Overhaul a more painful death. He completely broke this little girl for his own personal desires.

So far I've bought everything she needed to at least make her slightly comfortable in this house. The most she's ever done was ask me to teach her how to use the tablet I got her. She now spends most of her time playing with her dolls and her tablet. We had a movie night on Friday, but Eri didn't cuddle up like Hiro and Kurena did. She calls me dad, but I guess she is still slightly scared that she might get punished. I guess I have to prove to her that I'm not Overhaul.

I'm planning to take them to the UA school festival. I feel like they would enjoy and outing like that. I should ask Renji to come with me. I opened up my phone and texted Renji the plan. He agrees, and said he coming over early tomorrow.

"Kids can you come downstairs!" After a few seconds I see Eri and Hiro make their way down the steps. The come to the living room and sat next to Kurena who is playing with her toys.

"Tomorrow, we will be going to the UA school festival. Do you guys know what that is?" I see both of them shake their head. "Well it's where all the UA students make a bunch of stalls where we can play games and eat food."

After saying that, the two children got slightly excited. "Renji is also coming with us, so tomorrow will be a fun day for all of us." I said in a slightly cheery tone. Maybe this festival will get Eri to smile. I just hope we don't get caught by the pros.

"Dad, will Mr.Deku be there?" I heard Eri ask. I know that damn nerd is going to be there, but I really don't want to run into him.

"You might see him, but he might be too busy to talk to you." I said to her. I feel bad for lying, but I know it's for the better. I looked over at Eri and her eyes sparkled at the thought of seeing Deku. I guess seeing him is enough for her.

The rest of the day went by normally, but it was clear that the kids were excited about tomorrow. I put the kids to bed and went to my bedroom. I lay there thinking about all the things that could go wrong. I know that Deku would recognize me instantly. He knows everything about me. I know the hero's are looking for Eri, but I just don't want to give her up.

I saw the sunlight peak through the curtains. I looked over at the time and realized it was seven in the morning. I guess I didn't realize that I stayed up all night. I got up and went to go make breakfast. After making breakfast I went to go wake up Kurena. I dressed Kurena and got her ready for the day. I feed her breakfast and let her play with her toys in the playpen.

After Kurena finished eating, Eri and Hiro came downstairs. They greeted me and started to eat breakfast. All those years practicing cooking really payed off. I'm just glad they won't complain about the meals I feed them.

"Dad when are we leaving?" Hiro asked excitedly. I look at the time and noticed it was eight o'clock. I called Renji and he said he was on his way.

"We will leave when Renji gets here." Hiro seems content with that answer, so he goes back to eating. About half and hour later I heard the doro being unlocked.  I looked over and saw Renji coming in.

"Good morning everyone." The kids looked up and fretted him, while Kurena started to speak gibberish. Renji walked in and sat in the couch next to me. "Are we ready to go?" he said to me. I looked at the time and noticed that the festival was going to start in thirty minutes.

"Eri, Hiro it's time to go." The turned off their tablets and ran to the front door. "Am I driving or you?" I asked Renji.

He thought for a moment before giving me the keys. "Might as we get some practice in." he said to me. I smiled and followed the kids outside. I hopped in the drivers seat and started the car.

By the time we got to UA it was already a few minutes before nine. "Woah!" I look aver to see Eri and Hiro admiring the decorations and all the people. Eri and Hiro were both holding on to each of my hands, while Renji was pushing Kurena's stroller.

"It looks amazing doesn't it. Now let's have some fun." I said and Hiro started to drag me through the entrance. We played a bunch of mini games and Eri would sometimes join in. I noticed that she still hasn't smiled.

I look at a flier and notice that Class 1-A will be doing a performance. This will definitely make Eri smile. "Guys let's go to the auditorium to watch the performance's." Hiro got excited and started to pull me harder. I chuckled and lead the way.

The auditorium was packed, but we managed to get in the middle of the crowd. I look over and saw the Renji already folded up the stroller and now has Kurena in his hands. I'm glad Renji is with me right now, none of this would've been possible without him.

I put Hiro and Eri on opposite shoulders so they can see clearly. The lights dimmed and the performance starts. I see my old class doing a concert. Jiro is signing and there are many dancers. Aoyama is using his quick to look like a human disco ball.

I look towards Eri and I can see her smiling at their performance. Her smile was beautiful and I couldn't help but hope to see it again. I slightly tap Renji and he turns to me. I signal him to look up towards Eri and he does. His eyes widen and his face had huge smile plastered on it.

The performance ended and we left the auditorium. "Dad, Mr.Deku was amazing, so were the other hero's." Eri says excitedly.

I smiled at her excitement. "They were so cool. I wish I could be a hero." I heard Hiro say under his breath. I was about to say something about it, but I got interrupted by a voice behind me.

"Katsuki is that you?"