8

Jenna

I walk in the cold morning air to the coffee shop to start my shift. As I walk past the old crumbly buildings I let my mind wander, I think about nothing and everything. The way the wind blows my hair the way Jonathan had been so nice yesterday. I decided I was going to invite him to church next time I saw him.

I get to the coffee shop unlocking the door and walking in. I had my shift with Emma today and she was always late so I didn't bother to wait for her before starting the coffee shop.

Emma comes in half an hour late and I'm already busily running both the machine and the register.

"Sorry I'm late traffic jam." She says as she takes if her jacket and throws okay an apron before starting to run the register.

"You had the same excuse last week." I say passing out another coffee.

"I know but this time it's true." She says as she pulls a cinnamon roll out for a customer.

"Again isn't that what you said last week?"

........................................................................

I say at the counter talking with Emma. We had about thirty minutes until we had to close so everything was moving pretty slow. I look up when the bell above the door dings.

I'm not surprised to see Jonathan. He smile and holds out a beat up bouquet of flowers.

"For my lady," he says holding it out. I smile and go around the cabinet. I kiss his cheek and take the flowers.

"Thanks." I set them on the counter and open up the register.

"What do you want?" Emma nudges me with her elbow has she walks by when I turn to look at her she just raises an eyebrow, I roll my eyes and turn back to Jonathan.

"Just a smokey Carmel. And medium." I nod typing it in.

"that's 4.75." he pulls out a batman wallet pulling out a five he hands me it to me.

"keep the change coffee cup." He says before walking and taking a seat by the window. Smile as I put the cash in the register.

"Who's hotty?" Emma ask surprising me. I look at him a minute before answering.

"Don't know yet." I reply walking around the counter and sitting across from him.

"Hey there, I was hop'in you'd come over to pay me a visit." He says glancing my way, his brown eyes reflect off of the small street lamp that stood outside the shop.

"I had a question." I say folding my hands on the table and looking at him.
He raises his eyebrow.

"Well then go ahead and ask." He says taking a sip of coffee.

"Do you want to go to church with me?" I ask it kinda fast cause I'm nervous. He smiles. His eyes lighting up.

"I'd like that, when?" He asks. I look at him and smile. I didn't expect him to say yes.

"Pick me up from my house at nine Sunday?" He smiles.

"That sounds perfect."

☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕

I am having so much fun writing this story!! My only fear is I didn't plan for it to be that long :(

Anyway thanks for reading!!!