21

Jonathan

Work today seems to take hours. I just wanted to go see Jenna, but nobody else seems eager to get done. After I watch the last paper for my day I leave.
Getting in my car and starting it. I realize that it's warmer than it's been.
That means we are nearing spring. I silently hope Jenna makes it that long.
I scorn myself immediately. Not hope she was going to. I pull into the hospital parking lot and practically run to the front doors.

Walking past the few nurses busily working at their job. Very few stop to say hi to me. A few even remember me. When I make it to Jenna's room she's sketching again. This time I don't try to get her attention. I just watch her. She looks completely at peace. I walk slowly forward to see what she's drawing and am shocked to see me.
She was drawing a portrait of me. I still don't talk I just continue to watch her. Unfortunately this doesn't last long and she sees me.

"Jonathan! When did you get here?" She ask quickly closing the drawing pad and setting it aside. I notice how her cheeks are slightly pink. She was blushing!

"I told you I'd stop by after work. By the way the guy you were drawing looked incredibly handsome." I sit in the chair. She ducks her head as she turns a bright shade of red. She looked cute when she blushed.

"Well I don't think I did him justice. Believe me he's even more handsome in person." It takes me a second to realize she was flirting when she answered. picking up a steaming cup from the nightstand she takes a careful sip.

"Really? I don't think he could get cuter than that picture." She blushes a deeper red, and I smile. If I could get her to blush more often I might have to marry her. Wait? Marry her? It was to soon for that thought.

"He does, anyway how was work?" She ask changing the subject. I smile at her. She looked at peace here and now.

"Good. What about you? How was your day?" I ajd sitting back in the chair. She thinks for a moment her brow creasing in thought.

"Good. I didn't do much though. Oh and I meant to ask you but, what do you do for work?" She ask sitting up more on the bed. I swallow not wanting to tell the truth.

"I'm and accountant at a small business." I answer quickly. It wasn't a complete lie. She buys it without question and continues to talk with me. I Know she probably doesn't feel the same way but I love her, like I truly loved her.

I loved the way her green eyes lite up when she smiled or laughed. I loved how devoted she was to God. I was in love with Jenna Thompson.

☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕

Ahhh! I can't believe we've made it this far. Thanks though.