19

Jonathan

I wake up laying on something warm. It takes me a few seconds to realize that I fell asleep in the hospital and am currently laying on Jenna's lap.
I'm guessing when I fell asleep I leaned forward. I sit up slowly and notice that Jenna is still asleep.

She's peaceful in her sleep. She looks like all of the things she holds on her shoulders have finally been lifted. I take a few more minutes to just look at her. I know there's places I have to be but I don't want to leave yet. After I've waited as long as I can I get up and walk out of the room.

I walk down the sterile hallway. It reminds me of when Natasha was in the hospital. I knew that this smell would be forever embedded in my memory. A smell that would remind me of death. I make it to my car and get in. I start the car and drive away. I drive to my house then to work.

But all the while all I can think of is Jenna. I wanted to help her but I didn't know how to.

My phone rings with a call from Mike.
I really didn't want to pick up, but something in me told me to. So hesitantly I answer.
"Hello this is Jonathan." I answer messing with my shirt sleeves.

"Hey Jonny! It's me Mike." In the background I can hear loud music and know his question before he ask.
"Look I'm haven people over and was wondering if you wanted to come hangout. And plus you remember that girl from a while back? Well she's here tonight. And she is looking-"

"No Mike I'm good." I interrupt him.
"Look I've stopped drinking and I-"
I hesitate wanting to tell him about my new found faith.
"I'm just not in the mood" I lie and flinch internally.

"Okay man but I'm telling you it is lite in here." He hangs up to get back to parting. I can't believe I didn't tell him. I should have. Hell Mike was my best friend. But I knew what he would say to it. Same thing me and him used to tell Natasha. Religion wasn't for everyone. If only he knew it wasn't a religion. Not at all it was faith in Jesus.

☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕

Yep instant regret.