Chapter 20

Julianna pov:

As we arrive the driver pulls up to this big building and stops to let us out.

Giovanni gets out first and puts his hand out for me to grab "you ready love?".

"As I said before we left, more than I'll ever be" I sigh.

I turn around to look at Maeve and she nods making me feeling a little less nervous.

I got this.

Nothing will go wrong.

But little did I know how wrong I was

"Alright this is it, stick to the plan and talk to us if anything seems weird and suspicious" I say to his mafia and my gang.

"Got it?" I say loud and clear.

"Yes boss" my gang says making me smirk.

"Did you hear her? Say yes boss?" Gio says.

What?

"Gio it's your mafia" I chuckle.

"As long as we have this alliance you are the third boss considering Elijah is my second in command and you aren't my wife" he says.

I nod "yes boss" his mafia says.

"Alright be safe and enjoy your selfs" I say as I take Gio's hand again and walk towards the doors.

I walk with confidence and show no fear.

"You look beautiful and kinda scary" gio whispers into my ear making me smirk.

"So do you amore" I whisper back.

"Hello and welcome to the Mafia yearly ball" a random guys says as he lets us in.

Woah, this is beautiful.

"Okay , everyone split up and talk to others" Elijah says into the mic.

Everyone wanders off besides me, Maeve and the boys.

"Alright me and Maeve will make conversation and keep an eye out" Elijah says as he takes Maeve's hand and leads them away into the crowd.

"A drink?" Gio says handing me a glass of champagne.

"Thank you" I smile and take a sip.

"Shall we go mingle?" He asks.

"We shall" I smile.

"Wait before we do I need to say something" I say.

"If it's about the letter I know love" he says.

"Wait what, how?" I ask.

"Love you shouldn't leave things laying around in the kitchen" he smiles.

Damn it "wait your not mad?"

"I am, but I trust you and I know you can handle your self, plus I'll be watching" he says.

"Thanks" I say surprised.

"Hello Mr.Valentine" a man who looks at least fifty says.

"Hello Mr.Carter" gio says shaking his hand.

"And who might this pretty lady be" he says looking me up and down with lust.

Oh god.

"I'm Ms. Hernandez" I say ignoring his handshake.

"Hernandez , as in the Italian mafia?" He asks.

I clench my jaw "no, I do not run with the Italian mafia, I'm Julianna Hernandez as in number one assassin".