Chapter 2: Odd Encounters

Lizzie finds a short auburn-haired girl at the school's gate waving her phone left and right.

She was jumping, hopping, skipping, and prancing around like an idiot.

Oh my god! It's worse than she thought. This lunatic was trying to find cell reception here. I mean, we are in the middle of nowhere.

Did she really think cell signal was included in the educational package? She must not have read the brochure.

I mean, even if there was a nearby tower, she was what like 5 feet: probably too short to reach the signal anyway.

Ambitious Girl. Stupid but ambitious nonetheless...

Should she let her make a fool out of herself or just intervene and put the goblin out of its misery? The blond girl decides to do the sensible and reasonable thing.

She takes her phone out and starts filming the scene in front of her. Who knows? She might need some blackmail material in the future if this psycho turns out to be a threat. I mean, it wasn't even raining when Noah built the arc.

"I don't know what exactly is happening in that brain of yours, but I doubt that your little crazy act is due to jet lag", smirks Lizzy after hiding her phone in her pocket.

"Very funny. Not that I need to explain anything to you, but I am trying to call a cab," answers Hope in a rush. She really didn't think they would send a chaperone to pick her up. She is 17, for God's sake. What's next? An ankle monitor, perhaps? That would be quite the accessory.

"Yeah, good luck with that. Now, unless you want to sleep outside under the rain: I suggest you follow me inside so I could show you around," Interjects Lizzie before turning around and heading in.

The tall girl is practically sliding towards the school at a record speed. It seems her misguided plan is to say that she lost the new student in her haste: a believable yet unplanned accident.

 It seems her misguided plan is to say that she lost the new student in her haste: a believable yet unplanned accident

Source: https://64.media.tumblr.com/1d9108bd539980ee5d8ac30a0bda9c03/tumblr_poeuoa1tN71u8aa81o2_400.gifv