Chapter 17: The sheets felt so cold and somber

"Mr. Waithe, care to explain why you decided to attack Miss Mikealson?" Miss Forbes was certainly not happy about this.

"And to add insult to injury, you thought doing it on school grounds was a good idea?"

"That's not the point Stefan. We do not condone violence full stop. It doesn't matter if it's outside of school or not. Violence is never the answer Mr. Waithe. Now let's get on with it. I've decided to include Miss Tig, and Miss Benet in this meeting, due to the delicacy of the issue. Mr. Salvatore and Miss Mikealson who were present this morning, will obviously also stay. Could you carefully explain what happened yesterday and why you decided that attacking Hope was such a brilliant idea?"

Source: https://wifflegif

Source: https://wifflegif.com/gifs/342605-the-vampire-diaries-caroline-forbes-gif

"I explained it already to Mr. Salvatore!" retorts Rafael, clearly still struggling with his anger.

"Hey, hey. Relax Rafael. This is a safe space. We are on the same side here. We just want to help. We all want you and Mr. Kirby to be safe and sound. Help us help you." Interjects Miss Tig.

"Mr. Salvatore did indeed tell us his side of the story, but we would like to hear yours, If that's okay with you" finishes Miss Benet. The latter oversaw the public relations office at the school, and if one may say so, she was damn good at her job. Maybe one of the best.

"Landon, my roommate... kind of disappeared. He was with me yesterday, took me back to my room. Then he left, saying he won't be long. He wanted to talk to her... I don't know about what. But he said he would be back."

"Okay, Mr. Waithe. Why did you need help going back to your room.? Were you drunk? Was he also drunk?" asked Miss Forbes in a scolding tone.

"Yes, I was wasted. I don't think Landon was though, he was only tipsy, I guess. He seemed okay though before he left."

"And you are sure that he told you he was going to talk to Miss Mikealson?" Miss Benet doesn't seem so convinced.

"Yes, I am 100% sure. I distinctly remember."

"But weren't you drunk? Would it be a possibility to assume that you misheard him?" asked Miss Tig carefully.

"No...I didn't mishear him. He was going on and on about talking to her all day long. He wanted to ask her out. He wouldn't shut up about it. I just wanted him to shut up. And now, I wish he would just come back and nag all day." Rafael started fidgeting uncomfortably.

"Okay. It's going to be okay. Mr. Kirby must be close. He probably fell asleep somewhere or went for a walk. Mr. Donovan (the gatekeeper) will check everywhere. I am sure we will find him." Miss Forbes places her hand on Rafael's hand and squeezes it, looking at him in a kindhearted gaze.