Chapter 22: And yet you hid the necklace...

"Please tell me you managed to keep this under wraps Bonn. I really need to hear good news today... My headache is growing by the second" implores Caroline in a drained tone.

"I could tell you that. But I would be lying. The beast is out, there's no stopping it anymore. I managed however to put a spin on the article."

Source: https://gifer

Source: https://gifer.com/en/QuV7

"Explain..."

"No one is mentioning any parties. The article is simply saying that the boy slipped out of his room and never came back. They even suspect that he is behind the fire. Although I reiterated that the school's stance is unchanged: 1 - that we don't know whether the fire is intentional; 2 - that we believe it was an unforeseen incident; and 3 - that we deny the involvement of any student or staff member. I also added that we trust the authorities and that we will be putting all our resources at the disposal of the police."

"And what about the inspection?"

"Well, I gave a call to deputy chief Vardemus and he promised me to send in one of his own detectives for the inspection. I don't know the specifics, as I imagine he couldn't divulge any sensitive information on the precinct phone line. But from what I understood, it's going to be someone we know."

"I really hope it will be a routine inspection, or the press is going to have a field day at our expense."

"You know, I was thinking we could actually gather the students, in the meantime, to..."

A knock on the door interrupts the heated exchange.

"Car?"

"Yes, Hun."

"My brother just called. He will be coming in for the inspection. Vardemus sent him as a favor to Bonnie."

"Oh! Damon is coming? Thank God" retorts Caroline in ecstatic haste.

"I never thought I would hear the words Damon and God in the same sentence" smirks Bonnie, remembering the days she shared with the hot detective.