Chapter 3: It didn't mean anything!

"This is not happening. I don't know why you're not willing to listen, but I am telling you to back off" Josie is panting right now and was really hoping to skip this conversation.

"What do you mean you want me to back off? Look, I'm sick of this game of cat-and-mouse that we've been playing for the past year. I am all for the push and pull strategy, but it gets boring after a while, don't you think?"

"I'm trying to move on, Rafael. Let this go... No one forced your hand. You slept with her"

"Yes, I know... I fucking remember. It was one moment of weakness. One moment. But I like you... And only you. I have been chasing you around like a lost puppy for the past year. Doesn't that count for shit? I can't get you out of my mind, Josie".

"Are you hearing yourself? You chased me? You slept with my sister. MY SISTER. And then you casually tell me that you like me. I don't know what meds you're on, but I'm not buying it. You and I are never happening, so stop cornering me and pissing me off. This broken record... I don't want to hear it anymore. I'm not hurting my sister, and least of all for a boy that can't keep it in his pants".

"You weren't giving me the light of day, Josie. What did you expect? I was drunk and mad. It was just sex, and your sister knew it. It didn't mean anything!"

"... Wow! Great comeback. Maybe it didn't mean anything to you, Rafael, but I can promise you that her virginity meant a lot to her, and you're a huge ass".

Josie moves quickly towards the door, trying to ignore the look of hurt in Rafael's eyes when two pairs of hands hold her by the waist and pull her in.

"Tell me you don't feel anything towards me, that those glances didn't mean anything... Tell me you don't feel yourself gravitating towards me every time we're in the same room. Tell me you don't care, and I will leave"

"Maybe I cared... Before... But not anymore, Rafael. Please let me go".

Source: https://tenor

Source: https://tenor.com/view/rafael-waithe-josie-saltzman-josie-saltzman1x04-rosie1x04-rafael-x-josie-gif-22949770

Josie opens the door only to see her reflection in two pairs of blue eyes draining into her soul.

She holds her breath as she takes in this stranger in front of her. A gorgeous stranger at that. Delicate snow skin, soulful blue eyes mirroring oceans every time they blink, pursed red lips, and a frown slowly taking over that beautiful face.

 Delicate snow skin, soulful blue eyes mirroring oceans every time they blink, pursed red lips, and a frown slowly taking over that beautiful face