Chapter 10: It wouldn't hurt to know where the happy pills are stored!

Somehow, amongst all the chaos, Hope ended up brutally slamming Josie to the floor. She had her upper body laying on top of the brunette, chest against chest, bodies fully flushed against one another.

Hope's lips were angled towards Josie's neck, barely touching her pulse point.

Once Hope realized that they were so close, she used her hands to slightly elevate herself off the brown-eyed girl but remained on top of her, panic and worry clouding her judgment and oozing from her voice.

"Josie?... Josie, are you okay? Answer me please"

Josie who was slummed on the floor, heard a distant voice calling out to her. A voice laced with anxiety and full of emotions.

She opened her eyes to see auburn hair covering her skin, circling her face, and brushing her cheeks ever so slightly. Her eyes widened at the sudden proximity with Hope, and her cheeks shifted from pale to scarlet red like fire quickly gaining ground in a field of hay.

Hope realizing the same thing, tried to move hesitantly before her posture faltered, and she almost fell to the side. Josie's reflexes intervened unexpectedly gripping hope's hips to keep her in place, making Josie blush more if that were even possible.

Touching Hope right where her shirt was slightly raised, her thumb gently laying on the girl's front, made her skin quiver. She involuntarily flinched and squeezed even more, making Hope blush in retaliation. They stayed like that for a moment before they heard a commotion behind them. Lizzie was probably out for blood, her flair for the dramatics acting up after witnessing her sister's fall.

"Sorry..." mumbled Hope running her hand through her hair and pushing them to the back. Josie is somehow disappointed and finds herself missing the slight brush of Hope's silky hair.

Hope pushes herself up and is now squatting to help Josie up as well when Alyssa feigning worry, reaches for Josie.

"Don't touch her" growled Hope.

Josie's cheeks were blazing...

The kindness and worry which radiated from Hope just a few seconds ago were now completely gone in a haze. Josie was witnessing a very protective (even overprotective) Hope. It made her heart flutter and her breath quicken in rebellion.

"That's awfully possessive of you" retorts Alyssa, her voice dripping with irony.

The brunette, blushing heavily, looks away.

"I really hope for your sake that this was a miscalculated mistake because if I find out that you did this on purpose and I will find out, we will be having a very different conversation" Hope points to her fists. 

She swiftly grabs Josie by the waist, making the latter squeal in the process, and lifts her off the ground. When Josie is up, Hope doesn't retrieve her arm and keeps it around the girl's waist. She starts walking towards the door, blocking out everyone's murmurs.