Chapter 21: Go along with her heart's desires...

So excited about this chapter! I really hope you will like it :D

"Lizzie? Lizzie... I have been looking everywhere for you" whispers MG in between strangled breaths.

"MG... I need to find Josie... She is not here. She hasn't been here for hours. What if she's not okay? The last thing I said to her... We were fighting... I can't... I can't just leave."

Lizzie's voice is revealing a low rumbling, raw emotions, and threatening sobs hidden in between each word coming out of the blonde's mouth. Her body is quivering, and her feet are barely holding her. MG quickly loops his arm around Lizzie's waist and ushers them to the stairs.

It's a wonder how this pretty girl, a lioness at heart, breaks at the mere mention of her sister in danger...

"Hey, look at me... Josie is probably already down there with your mom. Let's follow the queue and we will see her in a few minutes. Come on, I promise we will find her. You know I always keep my promises."

Lizzie nods and lets MG drag her down. Trailing behind several beings, her mind shuts out everything and everyone and focuses on tracking her twin relentlessly.

Outside, Hope's mind is in sync with Lizzie's mind.

Tracking Josie relentlessly too...

The auburn-haired girl follows the brunette through the crowd and freezes at the scene ahead.

An isolated shed is slowly desiccating... Withering in heat... Devoured by a raging fire that knows no bound.

Hope is not a stranger to fires.

Hope is fairly acquainted with what it entails.

Hope deeply understands how flames roar, and how flickers can turn to losses and ashes.

Hope fully comprehends how these losses do not only target objects and possessions but could also abduct skeletons and souls.

And as long as this fire only slaughters the shed... Only abducts objects and possessions... It will be a good kind of fire.

A better kind of fire...

Not that Hope would know how a good fire feels.

Because, although Hope is not a stranger to fires.

The fires Hope had known, were alas not of the good kind...