Chapter 12: Maybe I don't want to look at the whole picture just yet...

It had been a little over two weeks since the brunette and the auburn-haired girl last spoke to each other. Hope is clearly avoiding Josie obstinately. 

Josie tried approaching her many times, but she always found Hope with Landon or Maya. The two contenders were constantly honing in on Hope, like a flock of eagles circling their prey and Josie didn't like it one bit.

 The two contenders were constantly honing in on Hope, like a flock of eagles circling their prey and Josie didn't like it one bit

Whereas Landon seemed more docile, simply chatting, and joking around with Hope. 

Maya couldn't keep her hands off the new girl, finding any banal reason to touch her: sliding her palm down Hope's arm whilst giggling, or positioning it on Hope's knee, or even sliding it up her thighs like it was the most innocent motion ever. 

And while Hope wasn't budging or encouraging any of them per se, she certainly wasn't discouraging them as well.

This was like Rafael's story all over again, with a few slight differences. 

1 - First and foremost, she was the one that initiated the rift with Rafael, not the opposite way around. Whereas with Hope, she wasn't the perpetrator. 

2 - She was never this affected by the situation with Raf, I mean yeah it hurt of course, and she was sort of slightly Jealous. But not like this. Whatever she was feeling now, this devouring rage and fervent jealousy: this was very new to her, and Hope avoiding her was heavily heightening these emotions.

Even when Josie was lucky enough to find Hope alone, the latter always darted in the opposite direction. 

Was this the final page already? 

Did the book end before it even began? 

Was this attraction, which felt like it could be the start of epic love, doomed to be nothing more than a one-sided fascination? 

And if so, why did Hope lure her in? 

Why did she lead her on with her striking smile, cherry red lips, and those ocean eyes that kept glancing at her so deeply, as if watching her bare and naked soul was the sole reason of their existence?