Chapter 16: Where is Ursula?

Mikealsons had always expected ubiquitous, omnipresent, and ever-lasting control. Even in chaos, Mikealsons expected supremacy. In a world where the law of the jungle prevailed, they were the lions, kings of said jungle and everyone else was ally, foe, or prey. Sometimes these lines were blurry, and foe, prey, and alley would interchange. Ally would become foe or prey. Foe would become prey or even ally. And prey would become ally or even foe. Through all the fluctuations, one thing that remained constant was the supremacy of the Mikealsons. That was how Hope was raised; what she was taught by her family.

Always and Forever.

Mikealsons were impulsive, they loved a lot, but also hurt a lot. Sometimes these lines were also blurry, and love and hurt would mingle and fuse.

Mikealsons were loyal to a fault. When they loved, there were no boundaries to said love.

Mikealsons were dedicated to a fault. When they hurt, there were no boundaries to said hurt.

And quite often...they found themselves hurting the ones they loved, in a haze of loyalty, control, and all-consuming love.

That was how Hope was raised; what she was taught by her family.

Hope's room:

Source: https://www

Source: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/544654148692279790/

Hope opens her eyes and is taken aback by numerous shallow breaths tickling her neck, and warm arms wrapping around her body. She woke up and found herself in a cocoon of comfort.

Josie is sleeping on her chest. She looks so peaceful, so serene. Her chest heaving slightly, rising, and falling distracts Hope's gaze for a few seconds, minutes, or hours. Who knows?

How is this so relaxing and yet so taunting? Hope has never been one to dwell on silly things, but being a Mikealson, meant she expected utter control.

And although she wasn't sure what she was feeling right now; wasn't sure what this was. She was certain of one thing: she did not feel in control.

And so, the flight response kicked in. She looked at the alarm clock on her nightstand and was shocked to see that it was 4 am.

Well, she won't be able to fall asleep again anyway, even if she wanted to. Her thoughts were roaming around her mind and heart, trailed by perpetual rhetorical questions. Questions she didn't have the answers for. Questions she didn't want the answers for. For now, at least.

Maybe a jog would help her get out of her head.

Hope regretfully tries to get out of Josie's warm embrace.