8. Sarah

*Unfinished house layout*2nd Person POV:"Let's go," Carrie says to you

2nd Person POV:
"Let's go," Carrie says to you. You nod and say, "Be right back." Carrie nods. You quickly run back to your room, grabbing your backpack. In your backpack are two books, one mini flashlight, your phone, a- wait, your phone?! I completely forgot about my phone! You look around to see if anyone's watching you, then quickly go to the phone app.

Your hands shakily scroll through your contacts. Finally, you see it. Mom. You press the call button, waiting. It doesn't take long for your mother to answer. "Sweetie? Are you alright?" She asks. You feel relieved hearing your mother's voice again. "Y-yes. I miss you," you choke out, tears rolling down your cheek. You feel C/n paw your leg. You give him a small kiss on his head. He meows. "I.. I love you mom, you know that right?" You ask, breath shaking. "Yes I know," she laughs. "Is everything okay? How's camp going?" You bite the side of your cheek. The taste of metal fills your mouth. "I-it's great! I made some friends... and I.. it's wonderful." Your voice quivers with each word you say. "That's awesome! Well, I got to go now, alright? So I'll see you later," your mother tells you. No! Don't go! "Mhm.. okay..." you whisper. "If I.. y'know, never see you again..." you start. "I love you.. you're the.... most important person to me.. I love you."

"Aw, sweetie, I love you too, but tha-" you hang up. You don't want to hear the last part. She was going to say it wasn't going to happen. It will happen. You can't bare to have your mom feel guilt from your death.

You grab the backpack, slipping your phone in between your books to keep it hidden. You tuck your backpack underneath the bed to hide it (obviously). You go to your duffel bag, unzipping it. You pull out a small tote bag. You brought it so that you could put your books or clothes in it. You put a plain grey hoodie in the tote bag, along with some books. C/n paws at your legs as you begin to walk away. Oh shoot! I have to feed C/n. But how will I get cat food?..

You pick up C/n, gently placing him in your tote bag. "There," you say, gently stroking C/n. He purrs happily. "Okay, let's go," you breath out. You walk out the door without a second of hesitation.

"Okay, I'm ready!" You tell the two at the door. Carrie nods, but then says, "Maybe we should stay indoors actually. It's supposed to rain today." The sky was looking quite grey and cloudy. You nod sadly. "Tomorrow let's go though," Carrie tells you. You nod your head excitedly. You go head to your room when you see something that catches your eye. Cat food? But I didn't get any..?

"Yesterday someone got cat food for you," Cassie explains, smiling. You nod thoughtfully. I wonder who got it? You decide to shrug it off and go into your room. You plop the tote bag and C/n onto the bed. You lay your back onto the mattress holding C/n above you. "You're so adorable," you giggle, pressing you and C/n's nose together. "Boop!" You exclaim. C/n meows. You do that a couple more times until you finally decide to sit up again.

I wonder if Sarah's in that room still- no I shouldn't care.. but I should! You let your curiousity get the best of you as you quietly exit the room. You look around to see if anyone's around. Phew. No one's out. You crawl over to the door, not making a sound. Still on your knees, you quietly turn the doorknob, opening the door a crack. A gust of cool wind blows out the door, making you shudder.