13. Basement

2nd Person POV:
"Dear, why would you try and leave?" Hannibal is now in front of you, holding your shoulders. You don't dare to look up and stare at him in the eye. You just simply shake your head. "I wasn't... I was getting flowers for the vases." You point to the empty vases. You also hold out the flowers for proof. You look up at Hannibal, eyes filled with a mix of frustration and worry. Hannibal just looks to the others, receiving small nods or no actions. He then turns back to you. "What?" You ask, gripping the flowers tighter. Your breath becomes shaky and uneven.

Without warning, Hannibal grabs your arm in a tight manner, pulling you to the stairway. You yelp. "What are you doing? Let me go..!" You yell, not letting go of the flowers. What's happening? Am I going to die?.. I didn't try to leave! I swear! You can't find the courage to speak up though. Tears begin to form in your eyes.

You trip over something on the ground, making you fall. Hannibal tugs on your arm. "Y/n, this isn't a time to sit on the ground. Please cooperate with us," Hannibal tells you in a cold tone. You shake your head. Hannibal simply sighs. You let your guard down for a moment thinking he would understand. Big mistake.

Hannibal wastes no time in grabbing you hair, pulling you to the stairs that lead to the basement. You let out a small cry. You drop the flowers one by one as they scatter on the ground beside you. I didn't do anything though! Let go! Let go! You watch the others as they stare. Your eyes lock on Carrie and Kayako. Kayako watches quietly and Carrie stares at you with worry. The others look away or stare with saddened expressions. C/n watches afar as you are stopped at the stairs. He meows in a worried way, walking over to you, only to be stopped and picked up by Michael.

You then feel someone's shoe dig into your side, making you fall down the stairs. You hit each step, another bruise forming from each hit. You then fall onto your side. You look up the stairs and see Hannibal staring down at you. He stares at you blankly. "I'm sorry dear," he starts. "But this is the only way to make you understand." Then he closes the door, leaving you in the dark.

~~

You sit up weakly. You've been on the damp ground for about 20 minutes, not daring to move. The room smells displeasing and as if rats and dead bodies were festering in this room. You gag from the smell. Your muscles ache with each move. Since you're in the dark you have to feel the floor and walls to try and find some light source. As you crawl around, fear filling your body, you feel a small beaded string hit your head. You gasp softly, feeling up the string. You pull it. Light fills the room. You should not have done that.

Bodies. Are. Everywhere. You don't have time to process it all. This whole situation feels so surreal. You just scream and cry in the loudest pitch you can make your voice go. You race up the stairs. You hit your ankle on one of the steps. You fall, just laying on the stairs. Once you recover, you crawl up the rest of the stairs. Will they come for me? You bang on the door repeatedly. "Let me out! Let me out!! Please..." you break out into quiet sobs. Then you begin yelling in a mix of screams and cries. You keep banging on the door. Anyone. Please. Just someone. Please.

You begin to slowly lose hope. But then you hear the door unlock. You perk up quickly. Dim light shines on you from the crack through the door. You look to see who it is. Oh. It's Hannibal. You felt scared of him now. Maybe he wants to let me out. "If you want to live, then please refrain from yelling. But if you want otherwise, then I'll gladly kill you right here." You start at him open-mouthed. No, no. Hannibal wouldn't do that. He's a kind person. No, he's just trying to scare me... ha..ha. The door then slams shut, leaving you alone with your thoughts.

~~

Hours pass by. You decided to sit on the floor because the stairs were too cold and slippery. I don't even know what happened.. one moment we were cleaning and the next...