10. A Simple Afternoon

2nd Person POV:
Michael carries you inside bridal style while you just keep non-stop giggling. It causes attention on you and Michael.

"You and Michael seem to be having a fun time," Freddy says, a hint of jealousy in his voice. You laugh. "Yep! We did," you happily smile, still holding the stuffed animal. You feel the plushie's head, patting it as if it was a real dog.
The dog stuffy (Credits to person who made it):

Michael gently places you on the couch. "Thank you Michael!" You grin. He just nods. I wonder if the others know he can speak? Probably.

You are sitting on the couch in silence eating from a bowl filled with fruits. The bowl holds fruits such as strawberries, apple slices, raspberries banana slices and more. You continue to eat in silence. On the other long couch, Michael and Freddy simply watch you eat. The tension in the air is thick between Michael and Freddy.

You finish the bowl of fruits, placing it onto the table in front of you. I wonder how long I'll be staying here for.. This place is very unsettling. Nothing in this house was comforting and cheery at all. Well, besides you. But other than you, everything was dirty and distasteful. The smell of dead bodies was still thick in the air. The paint on the walls, dry and peeling. The floor you just recently cleaned are now bloody once again. Nothing good would come from staying here. Maybe I should ask how long I'll be here for?.. no, that would be a dumb thing to ask. I'm trapped here. But I need to know- no, don't ask! Ask! Don't ask! Ask! Don't ask! Ask! Do-

"How long will I be here for?" You question, tilting your head slightly. The two males ponder your question. Freddy then responds, "What kind of question is that? Look, you're not leaving." You bite your tongue. You expected that answer. You were about to say something like, "Well I have a family at home," or "I need to be at home right now," but instead just stay quiet.

You sigh and mumble, "My mother thinks I'm okay right now." Freddy's eyes widen slightly. He then rolls his eyes. "You don't know that. Did you see the news?" He laughs at the last part. What? On the news already??.. Suddenly, your phone in your room starts ringing. Your eyes widen. They'll know I've called my mom. Michael quickly turns, standing up quickly. You stand up quickly. Before you can say anything, Michael quickly heads into the room. "Was that your phone?" Freddy asks, his tone now serious. You look at the ground, nodding. "I called my mom.. I thought I was going to die so I told her that I.. love her," tears prick the corners of your eyes. "And what did she say?" You breath out shakily. "She didn't believe me. I mean, who would..?" You laugh a little.

Michael comes back to the living room, handing you your phone. You hold it in your hand shakily. You put the phone to your ear. You listen to your mom's voicemail. "Hey sweetie. I heard something happened at the ca-p. Sta- safe." The voicemail is breaking out because of the long distance. "Well I go- to go. Hope to see you s-oon." The voicemail ends. Your eyes sadden. You grip the phone in your hand. If she heard what happened at the camp, why did she seem to calm and happy about the situation?!