22. Gas Station (Pt 1)

2nd Person POV:
It is 3 days after you were told that you were going to college. You are putting on clothes with Carrie. Your first day of college would be on September 8th. Currently, it was August 3rd. You would have a whole month to prepare.

"So, for my hair what should we do?" You ask, playing with your hair. Carrie taps her chin. "I mean... we could get you a wig? Or we could dye your hair?" She suggests. I do like my natural hair... I guess a wig works. But aren't they hard to manage?

"I guess I could work with a wig," you say with a laugh. You feel your hair and think. A new identity. Will people still recognize me, even with all these new changes? And what would happen then, if they do? Would I be brought to the Police and be interrogated? ...

Carrie taps you, pulling you out of your thoughts. "Here," she says with a smile. In her hands, is an outfit:

You smiled as you looked at the outfit

You smiled as you looked at the outfit. It was a brown button up sweater with beige overalls on top.

"This used to be mine, but now you can have it. I think it would suit you better anyways," she shyly tells you. You wrap your arms around Carrie. "Thank you, Carrie..!" you take the outfit from her, putting it on your bed.

"I think that I can use my old backpack and supplies for the school. All I need now is a wig," you explain, tapping your chin. Carrie thinks. "I mean, I can find a way to get you one. It won't be too difficult," she says, patting your shoulder. You beam. "Alright. Thanks!"

~~

You are quietly reading B/n while Carrie and Kayako read different books beside you. You all often make up time for reading together.

As you get to the last few pages in your chapter, you hear someone curse out, "Fuck!"

You jump from the sound and put down your book. "What was that?" Carraie questions. Kayako disappears for a brief moment before reappearing. "Billy," she says in her usual quiet voice. Kayako doesn't normally speak, so it still seems strange when she does.

You put your book down onto your bed and get up. "I'm going to go see what happened with Billy. I'll be right back," you quickly explain before heading out of the room. I really hope that Billy didn't hurt himself.

You skip some steps as you go down the stairs. Where did the voice come from? You then hear some arguing outside and some clattering noises. So, you go to check it out (obviously).

You open the front door and see Billy and (surprisingly) Chucky both trying to fix something on the car. Billy holds Chucky up angrily, and Chucky defensively holds a rod in his small hands. "What happened?" You ask, walking up to the two of them.

Billy sees you and drops Chucky to the ground. "Hey!... um- nothing happened," he innocently says with a grin. Chucky makes a "Tch," sound as he kicks Billy roughly in the leg. "Hey!" Billy yells at Chucky, snatching the rod.