11. Horror Movies

2nd Person POV:
You and everyone else all decided to watch Hereditary and Sinister. You have already seen the two, but there's nothing wrong with rewatching them.

During the film...:
The movie starts. You are currently wrapped in a fuzzy blanket. You look around you. Everyone is so focused on the movie. You look over at the window. The rain doesn't seem to be slowing down. It looks cold outside too. A dark blanket covers the sky. Thunder rumbles in the background.

Rain taps on the windows and roof quietly. You prepare yourself in case a bolt of lightning strikes, along with the loud boom of the thunder. You disliked rain because of those two things. Anything loud you disliked though...

You look back to the TV. It shines bright as the movie plays. This is quite peaceful.. you then hear a soft tap at the window. You slowly turn your head to see. A light gasp comes out from you. 

The clown. The clown you saw earlier is now standing at the window. It grins widely, waving to you. You turn your head back to the TV, trying not to look at it's terrifying grin.

"Y/n? What were you looking at?" You turn to see Billy, along with the others eyes staring at you. "It's nothing. Just thought I saw something." Billy nods, not wanting to be an instigator. What you didn't know was that everyone already knew the clown was there. You take one last peek at the clown, but realize that it has vanished. You shudder, wrapping yourself tighter into the blanket.

You finally get to the part of the movie where the girl's head gets knocked off. The guy in the car drives away, the girl's headless body in the backseat still. "Oh my god!! Why didn't he take her head?!" Billy yells in frustration. "Why would he grab the head?!" Freddy counters. Billy shrugs and yells, "I don't know!? Just don't leave it on the road like that!" 

"He's in shock," you explain simply. Billy stares at you for a second, then just says, "Oh." Freddy snickers at Billy, receiving a glare from him.

The movie plays. You simply stare at the screen, not really watching it. Your thoughts cloud up your mind instead. I wonder if mom's okay? Is Sarah still alive? I don't think so.. but maybe? Nah. I wonder what book I should start? I need to shower. I want to go home... I miss mom. Rain is calming. Did I brush my teeth? Ew, no I didn't. Gross. Are my plants at home still alive? I'm homesick. Can Freddy hear my thoughts right now? Freddy, if you can hear this, leave my mind right now. I think he's gone. I'm sleepy. Other thoughts and questions flow through your mind. You then refocus on the movie once again.

You are at the part where the mother is chasing the son around the house. You hate this part. It freaks you out. The son races up into the attic, closing the entrance. The mother follows behind, banging her head on the ceiling. You hide your face in the blanket, trying to ignore this scene. "C'mon Y/n, this is the best part!" Billy chuckles. You shake your head. "No way!" More laughter fills the room.

"Okay, it's over," Freddy tells you. You peek from the blanket. "Oh my gosh..!!" you scream. It's the scene where the mother slices her head off with a piece of what looks like string. "Gross.." you mumble. More laughter erupts the room. 

Once the movie is finished, the room is quiet. "Eh, it was alright. Seen it before," Freddy complains. "I thought it was pretty good," Carrie shyly says. More chatter fills the room about whether or not to watch Sinister. Suddenly, the thunder outside booms really loud, making you yelp.

You hide under the blanket immediately. You absolutely hate thunder. It comes when you always relax or least expect it. Your body lightly shakes. You feel a big hand on your back. You slowly lift the blanket and see Michael staring down at you. Your face heats up a bit once you realize the seen you've made. "Sorry. I hate loud noises.." you mumble. You poke your head out of the blanket, your face a blushing mess.