Chapter 11

I go to the hotel and check in. By the time I get to my room, It's 7. I sigh as I plop down on the bed, wondering what I had gotten myself into.

I text Josh asking what we're doing and what I should wear, but he doesn't respond. I assume he's too busy at his dinner to get back to me, which is fine. I think the clothes I have with me will be fine, right?

I order room service because I haven't eaten since lunch and decide to take a shower while I wait for the food to arrive.

In the shower, I think about everything. Well not everything. I think of everything... but Josh. When he left the hospital and I didn't see him as much, I started to develop feelings for him. I don't know if they are romantic feelings, per say, but definitely something.

I love spending time with him. He makes me smile. He makes me laugh. He makes me feel like I'm not broken ever since my accident... our accident. We went through something traumatic together. That's bound to bring two people close.

I get out of the shower and dry off just as a knock at my door sounds, signaling that my food is here. I dress in a robe and grab the food, sitting at the small table that accommodates the small kitchen in my hotel room. As I eat, I look at my phone.

I guess when I was showering, Joshua had texted me, "We're going to Lumiere's. Sabrina and some others are coming, is that ok?"

Deep down I didn't really want them to come, but Sabrina is nice enough and I guess the more the merrier. I mean, what was I going to say? "Sorry, no,"?

"Yeah, of course," I text back, then open google to search where the heck Lumiere's is, and what it is.

"Oh no," I say aloud to myself as I read the results from the internet. It turns out that Lumiere's is a high-class club in Hollywood. Well, that's certainly a way to celebrate. Wait, what was I going to wear? It's a club and I only have T-shirts.

I quickly finish my dinner and go to the bathroom to dry my hair. As I'm drying my hair, I look up boutiques or stores near me, hoping to get a hit.

My phone tells me that there is a mall just down the street. Perfect.

I get dressed and head down to the mall with my debit card and emergency cash my parents left me. They told me it was for emergencies only, but I think this is an emergency. I don't have anything to wear!

As I walk through the mall looking at the different stores the more I think that I won't find anything. I go into a large store and look around. There are lots of clubbing outfits and dresses, but they all look a little too revealing for me.

I head out of that store and a little boutique tucked in the corner catches my eye. I brush past people who are walking fast around me. I enter and immediately, a short emerald green dress with an open back catches my eye. I walk up to it, check the price, and wince. It was much cheaper than the other things I saw, but it still wasn't amazing. I guess this is what I get for shopping in LA.

I check the time and my eyes widen.

8:03

I grab the dress and head to checkout because I don't have time to try it on. Hopefully it fits. As I wait in line, I look at the jewelry lining the shelves. I can't take my eyes off of a pair of sparkly gem earrings accompanied by a necklace. It would look amazing with the dress.

I take it off the shelf and put it in the basket I'm carrying. If I'm going to dress up, I might as well go all out. I get to the front and put everything on the counter, waiting for the man behind the counter to scan the items.

I glance behind him at the items that people had picked up but not bought. There were a few dresses and pairs of shoes.

SHOES! I forgot shoes! All I have are my tennis shoes and flip flops with me. I scan the shoe section, which is luckily in my eyesight, but there is nothing in my size.

"Any chance you have size 9 heels in the back?" I ask the man hopefully.

He looks up, clearly annoyed. "If it's not on the shelves, we don't have it."

"Oh ok," I say dejectedly. I try to remember if I saw any shoe stores as I came here, but nothing comes to mind.

The man behind the counter sighs and tells me, "Wait here,"

He disappears behind the curtain behind him and emerges a moment later, holding a shoebox.

"I was holding this for a costumer, but they never showed. Size 9." He opens the top and shows me the shoes inside. They are a pair of glitter heels that match perfectly with my earrings and necklace. The heel is about 2.5 inches high, so my feet won't hurt too bad. The straps go up the foot, probably meant to be wrapped around the ankle and calf.

"They're perfect," I breathe, not taking my eyes off them.

He shuts the box shut and puts them on the counter, snapping me out of the daze I was in. He rings me up and announces, "362.44". I grimace and hand him my debit card.

I quickly walk back to the hotel and dump my new things on my bed, checking the time once again.

8:20

As I walk in the bathroom I facetime Angela, my friend who knows everything about hair. "Can you help me? I'm going out and my hair looks boring,"

Angela looks really confused, "Wait, when did you get out of the hospital? And where are you going?"

Oh yeah. I hadn't told her that I was released. I actually hadn't told anyone besides my family and Josh. I give her the quick rundown of my current situation and she snaps into hair stylist mode.

After 20 minutes of wrangling with my hair and having to start over twice, it looks semi-decent, which is all I could hope for. Angela and I opted for a high-ish bun with curled hair framing my face. Angela taught me how to make the hair leading back to the bun look wavy, which helped it look simple, yet elegant.

"Thank you, Angela. You're a lifesaver." I'm about to hang up when she goes, "What do you think you're doing?"

"Uh, hanging up. I need to get dressed and do my makeup."

"Do your makeup now and then just turn off your camera when you get changed. I want to see the final look," she informs me.

I laugh, "Ok fine."

I put on mascara, a small wing of eyeliner, and some shimmer eyeshadow, then focus on my lips. "Lipstick or lip gloss?" I ask Angela, turning to look at my phone.

"Colored gloss," she tells me, opting for a combination of the two.

I nod and apply my red-colored lip gloss, just as my alarm for 8:50 goes off.

"I'm going to go get dressed," I say as I go out to the main room where my newly purchased items await.

I pull the dress off the hanger and slide it on, holding my breath to see if it fits. It does. I pull the straps up and zip the zipper that is on the side of the dress, careful not to mess up my hair.

I sit on the bed and begin putting the shoes on. I slide them on my feet and study the straps for a minute before I begin to understand how to secure them. After the main strap is in place, I pull the strings of sparkly straps up my calf, until it stops 5 inches from my ankle. I turn my feet, making the shoes catch the light. I love them.

As I walk to the bathroom, I put on my necklace and earrings. I open the door to the bathroom and hear Angela gasp.

"It's too much, right? Ugh I knew it was too much. I'm just going to tell Josh I can't make it." I say, then mentally scold myself. I should have gotten a different dress and shouldn't have gotten such sparkly things.

"Are you kidding?" she asks like I'm insane. "You look hot!"

I blush, "It's not too much?"

She smiles through the phone and goes, "Girl, Josh isn't going to know what hit him."

********************************

Sorry I didn't update yesterday, I took a nap instead... it was worth it.

What do you think will happen when they go clubbing?? -insert smirking face-

How do you guys feel about Josh inviting his friends and his girlfriend?

until next time,

-kb