Chapter 33

*IF YOU KNOW ME AT ALL SKIP THIS CHAPTER*
Also warning: a bit of spice coming up but it's not a lot.... Ok here we go

***

Josh immediately responds, grabbing my waist with one hand and pulling me closer. His other hand travels up my back, reaching the back of my neck and pressing me tighter to him. I bring my hands to the nape of his neck and start to play with the hair there, making him shudder, bringing a smile to my lips.

Our tongues fight the battle that we've been fighting in silence for far too long.

He begins pushing me back towards his room, and I go willingly. Once we reach his bed, I break the kiss, causing Josh to look questioningly down at me. Instead of speaking an answer aloud, I show him.

I walk around to the other side of him, away from the bed, making him turn to face me. I gently push him back, the back of his legs bumping the bed. I continue pushing him backwards, making him fall back and sit on the bed. I straddle him and resume the kiss.

My hands trail under his shirt to his lower stomach, eliciting a moan from him. I begin to pull his shirt up, and Josh helps me complete the action. I lean back to take a moment and admire this beautiful human. His chest is firm, but not too chiseled. His arms are muscled and defined, even without him flexing. He doesn't give me much time to take it all in before he brings his lips back to mine. I run my fingers up his back, feeling the muscles contract and relax at my touch, while he lays his hands on my hips.

Josh then pulls back, our foreheads touching, allowing us to catch our breath.

"We should stop," he says, breathing heavily.

"Yeah, we should," I agree.

But we both know that we don't want to.

I kiss him again, gentler this time. I can feel his smile under my lips, and I know I'm smiling too. We kiss slowly for a few more minutes, just enjoying the fact that we are near each other once more.

I finally pull back a bit and hug him around his neck, not wanting to let go. He lays his head on my shoulder and I hear him yawn.

"Let's go to bed, you're tired," I say. I start moving off his lap, but he stops me.

"No, I'm fine," Josh pulls me back to his chest, pressing me tightly against him.

I laugh and place my hands on his chest, pushing him away. "Come on Josh, you have a big day tomorrow."

This time, he lets me get off and stand up in front of him. He stands up as well, joining me at the foot of the bed. He grabs one of my hands in his.

"Goodnight, Katie," he says quietly, then kisses me on the forehead.

He turns and begins to walk out of the room, letting go of my hand. Before he can leave completely, I gather up my courage.

"Hey, Josh?"

He turns back around. "Yes?"

I fiddle with my hands, a little scared to say what I want to, next. "Um, I know the couch isn't super comfortable so you can sleep in here if you want. With me." I clarify. I bring my eyes to his, my cheeks slightly blushing.

"Are you sure?" he asks

"Yeah," I say, nodding my head to confirm what I'm saying.

He nods once. "Ok, thanks."

I go to the side I was on earlier and get in, pulling the covers over me. I face the wall, strangely nervous that Josh is going to sleep in the same bed as me. We've slept in the same bed before, when he fell asleep with me at a hotel many months ago, but this is different. This isn't accidentally falling asleep. This is intentional.