Chapter 24

I close my mouth before I look stupid, but I have a feeling that I look stupid anyway.

"Hi, I'm Katie. Nice to meet you."

It seems a bit awkward between Joshua and Olivia and I have a feeling I know why. I've never asked Josh about the drama that surrounds him with Olivia and Sabrina and all the music and shade being thrown. Of course I've wondered, but I have never brought it up. If Josh wanted to tell me, he would have. Maybe he'll explain in the future, but I'm okay with being in the dark... for now.

Josh and Olivia smile at each other awkwardly so I try to diffuse the situation by saying, "I love your music, it's amazing."

Oh my gosh did I just say that? I'm so stupid. I just brought up the one issue no one wanted to talk about. I literally just said that I liked the songs that put Joshua on blast and had him getting death threats.

Olivia smiles warmly at me, "Thank you. I have to go right now for a scene, but I'll see you guys around." She stands up from her seat and walks out.

The rest of the people at the table have gone back to their conversations so I turn to Josh. "Josh, I'm so sorry, I didn't think."

He chuckles. "Katie, it's fine. I don't care if you like her music. Olivia and I aren't necessarily best friends, but we're civil to each other. Don't let my relationship with her affect your relationship with her, or with anybody for that matter."

As I'm about to respond, the rest of the people around he table stand up and say by to us, walking out of the common room and leaving Josh and I alone.

"Have you eaten?" Josh asks me.

I shake my head and Josh says, "Come on, let's go get something to eat."

We leave the studio and order food online so we can pick it up. Josh has taken the rest of the day off so he can spend time with me, which I appreciate more than I can say.

We pick up some sandwiches and sit in his car for a few minutes, eating. After we finish eating, Josh asks, "What do you want to do?"

I shrug. "I don't know. I've only been here when we were in the hospital, so I don't really know what there is to do."

His eyes widen in shock. "That's the only time you've been here?!"

I nod, "Yeah."

"But you live 3 hours away. How have you never been to LA?"

"I don't know, I just never have."

Josh puts the car in reverse, preparing to back out of the parking spot we were currently in. "That's it."

"What?" I ask in confusion.

"I'm going to show you the sights of LA."

***

After a full day of sightseeing, I'm exhausted and starving, sitting in the passenger seat while Josh drives us to our next destination, his apartment.

We pull up to a large apartment building after 10 minutes of traveling and we get out of the car. The building is nice. Not dumpy at all, like other places in LA, but also not top tier and showy like the high-end buildings un upper LA.

"This way," Josh says, taking my hand and leading me to the front door. He puts in a code and opens the door for me, letting me walk in first.

"I'm on the second floor," he tells me.

"Are you sure you don't want me to carry that?" I ask, referencing to the bag of Chinese food we picked up on our way here.

Josh shakes his head and answers, "No, I've got it."