Chapter 13

I walk in and Sabrina and Sasha look like they've been caught doing something bad, which I guess they had been. Talking crap about someone behind their back isn't necessarily good.

I go to the bathroom and as I'm in the stall I hear the door open and shut. Then, I hear a voice come from the other side of the stall.

"You know she didn't mean it, right?" Sasha says.

I open the stall and walk to the sink once I finish using the bathroom.

"It's ok," I tell her. And it honestly was. Yeah, I was a little hurt that Sabrina disliked me that much, but what was I supposed to do? I had been nice, and I wasn't trying to steal her boyfriend.

"She's drunk," Sasha continues, "I swear she really likes you."

I find that hard to believe, I hadn't seen her drink that much tonight. But I don't want to think about it. The night's just getting started and I want to have fun. "Sasha, really, it's fine. Let's go dance,"

I grab her by the hands after I finish drying mine and lead her out the door back to the dance floor. I can tell she wants to say more but the music is so loud that I wouldn't have been able to hear her anyways. Within a few minutes all is forgotten as we break down on the dance floor.

After a few songs I head back to our table and sit down. My feet were killing me. Josh is at the table and waves to me as I approach.

"Having fun?" he asks with a smile.

"Totally. I'm really glad you made me come out tonight. Thank you,"

"What are friends for?" he responds. I get a weird sensation in my chest as he says that, but I dismiss it just as quickly as it appeared. After 10 minutes of talking and laughing, the rest of the group joins us at the table.

"SHOTS!" Sasha squeals as she passes them around. Sabrina, Aiden, and Sasha all drink the liquid inside the small glasses and wince, making me and Josh crack up. Sasha does this a couple more times until she's hammered. Sabrina and Aiden stop after just one shot, leaving them slightly buzzed.

We all go back to the dancefloor and dance, the lights and fog swirling around us, making it feel like we are in a different world.

"I'm going to go get water!" I yell at Josh, fanning myself as the heat of the bodies around me sticks to me.

I head to the bar and sit down at an empty barstool, waiting until the bartender is done serving someone else. As I wait, I look to my left. No one is sitting directly beside me, but after the empty chair, a guy with blonde surfer-like hair sits there, drinking beer. He's pretty cute in a typical surfer-boy way. He turns and catches me looking at him, causing me to blush and look away.

"Hey," he says as he slides into the empty seat beside me.

"Hi," I respond, shaking the hand he outstretches toward me.

"I'm Brad,"

I can't help but smile. Of course, he's named Brad. He totally looks the part.

"I'm Katie, nice to meet you,"

"Why don't you let me buy you a drink," he asks as he waves over the bartender.

Was he hitting on me? This never happens. I'm not interested, but I might as well get a free drink out of it, right?

"Sure, just a water," I say to the bartender who had walked up to us while we were talking.

He nods and starts to leave but Brad interrupts. "A water? Come on, don't be boring,"