Chapter 47

Crystal's swimsuit is a bit more scandalous than I typically go for. It's a hot pink one piece which ties around my neck into a cute bow. The suit has cutouts on either side, exposing my delicate skin to the air. Despite the straps being tied around my neck, the neckline itself is relatively low.

I look at myself in the mirror. Usually, I would feel self-conscious, but not tonight. I'm not sure why, but this suit makes me feel powerful, and I'm here for it. I looked hot, and Josh was going to see what he gave up.

The snow made my hair wet earlier, but it's since dried in beach waves cascading down my back. I look around for a towel to wrap around myself but surprisingly, there are none in the bathroom.

I open the bathroom door and descend the steps. As I walk down the stairs, Rebecca whistles and I blush. Derek and Sam both ogle at me and I begin to think maybe I should've just put my wet clothes back on top. I shake that thought from my head. That would've been stupid.

I see Josh do a double take and immediately flush red and turn away. Good.

"Thanks for the suit Crystal," I say once I reach the bottom of the stairs.

"Girl, it was made for you!" I blush again.

"I love yours too," I say, noticing her pale blue bikini.

"Why thank you," she says, flipping her hair over her shoulder. I can't help but smile.

We all make our way to the back door and look at the steam rising from the hot tub outside.

"Who's going first?" Josh asks.

"It was Derek's idea," Sam offers, and we all turn to Derek.

He grunts, "Whatever."

He takes off his shirt and tosses it on the couch then opens the door. We watch as he runs across the snow barefoot, and hops in the hot tub. I can't help but focus on his back muscles as he lowers himself in.

"Come on!" he yells, motioning for us to join him.

"Let's go!" I say, stepping out into the snow. Immediately, my feet freeze, and I start running to the warmth of the hot tub. I hear laughing and shrieking behind me, presumably coming from Crystal.

I reach the jacuzzi first and delicately lower myself into the hot water, sighing as the warmth seeps into my bones.

Everyone else joins and relaxes in the water just as I had. Once everyone's settled, we start talking and playing games.

Derek keeps looking at me and I keep averting his gaze. Sure, he's gorgeous and his front muscles are even better than his back ones, but I can't bring myself to be interested in him. I'm guessing it has something to do with the boy sitting right across from me.

After an hour, Sam braves the cold and runs inside to grab some food for us since we were all getting hungry. After eating, Rebecca rubs her hand together and announces, "Ok, let's get down to business."

"Oh no," I hear Crystal say under her breath.

Rebecca must hear it too because she rolls her eyes. "Who's up for a game of truth or dare?"

Josh groans.

"What?" she asks.

"Beck, your truth or dare games always end up with people either crying or hooking up."

I notice the not too subtle look Derek shoots me at the last part of Josh's sentence but choose to ignore it.

"Well," Rebecca says, "I still want to play." She crosses her arms in defiance like a little child.